Will I like turtles?

xrad

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not convinced it will have wifi (no antenna or grounding cans that I can see on the PCB) but it would be pretty cool if it does have. That could be a wifi capable Atheros AR9331 like on the Wifi Pineapple. That would make a lot of sense - take the SOC that you have familiarity and include it in the next hardware product.

Let's hope the bottom of that PCB is a trace antenna and some GPIO :)

An announcement would be features and maybe price and availability as far as I'm concerned - not "some people saw something" and "if you grok twitter you can find some vague stuff...".

Guess I'll just build something based on my own concept of what an ethernet pentest tool should encompass :)

Maybe something to inject custom packets into the network? My guess is that the USB end is for programming some kind of functionality on the device, and then it automatically performs it's programming on the network.

Or it could be some kind of "backdoor". You plug it into the network and it gives you a reverse shell to a box outside of the network (provided it's not airgapped).

These are my best speculations.

Turtle could imply, that it has some kind of ddos stress test ability.

Or it finds bottlenecks on your network, like that old SUN server with the 10MBit-NIC :grin:

Or it's a ninja :ph34r:

Yeah I'm pretty certain as the hint suggest it's going to be a reverse shell device plug and shell.. Looking forward to it's release. As with all hak5 device there very fairly priced. Unlike the pwnie express product range..

Turtle could imply, that it has some kind of ddos stress test ability.

Or it finds bottlenecks on your network, like that old SUN server with the 10MBit-NIC :grin:

Or it's a ninja :ph34r:

It's awesome when you find 16 port 10mbit HUBS on the network....

I downloaded the zip whilst it was live, it answered some of my questions as to what the turtle is. I'm still a bit baffled as to the deployment usecase: a pineapple should be able to do the same + with wifi. I guess the USP is just a small form factor?

Without releasing any spoilers, it does look like the deployment method is actually a USB to ethernet provider where the "victim" gets internet via the turtle - or at least this is one scenario. Yep, usb powered.

​

​Edit: Got my hands on the firmware so I pretty much know all I need to now! :)

Edited by Oli

Without releasing any spoilers, it does look like the deployment method is actually a USB to ethernet provider where the "victim" gets internet via the turtle - or at least this is one scenario. Yep, usb powered.

Ah, Ethernet over USB.... and then it just sniffs the traffic. Really curious the deployments for something such as this.

No love for the turtle? Anybody downloaded the code and firmware yet and had a poke around like me?

I was expecting some news after the open house - especially as it was supposed to be on show.

True true, I see nothing that would hint to wifi being there...plus a turtle is a LANd animal :-) not something in the air...I think it's going tobe strictly ethernet. A "plug and shell" type tool.