Will I like turtles?

xrad

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah. All it really confirms is that they had with them some kind of gizmo which the guy at the hackerspace had never seen before. Seb & Darren apparently explained it a bit, but it could just as easily been something they picked up along the way. All will be revealed in time...

Nah. All it really confirms is that they had with them some kind of gizmo which the guy at the hackerspace had never seen before. Seb & Darren apparently explained it a bit, but it could just as easily been something they picked up along the way. All will be revealed in time...

This is why Darren and myself should not drink and work around other people... ;)

This is why Darren and myself should not drink and work around other people... ;)

If what you were doing around me qualifies as working, I envy your job, regardless of pay.

I've only seen Darren really drunk once. It was at shmoocon. He was drinking vodka, everyone else was drinking water out of vodka bottles. That was pretty funny.

As Cooper said, they have a pretty cool job.

Edited by barry99705

I'm intrigued as to what the turtle will offer and what advantage it could have over a MKV (or similar) ethernet port. Possibly just a device for ARP spoofing, messing with DHCP and DNS? I'm pretty impatient :) Any speculation?

Yeah i completely agree with all the above. I think also it might be some sort of a LAN tap device that has a remote access with remote sniffing that allows you to externally save what you sniff. Also def think a little insight to the price would be great to allow us all to put our pennies away for this new gadget.

Also some food for thought, maybe the Hak5 team can give us here at the community a chance to test or maybe have a priority purchase, or early release purchase before its official release date and is available for the world to buy, that way is a added layer of testing, general feed back on the product and keeps us all happpy here :)

I think the key takeaway from the name Turtle is it's ability to get shells. The ad for their Red Team experience mentioned the Turtle will change they way we think about getting shells so I don't think it's going to be just another LAN TAP device.

Edited by sud0nick

Please define the difference between "the community" and "the public", which would help in allowing them to keep them separate.

Anybody can find what we post on the forum easily in google searches (they seem to look at this forum quite often) and the forum is of course open to anybody. In other words, the difference between "the community" and "the public" is the registration form for this forum.

Do you really want people to register here when they have no actual intention to interact with people in any meaningful way? If you were to do this you'd just be annoying the people who really want to have the device. A more sensible approach would be to send an early bird email to the current (registered?) owners of a Pineapple as a sort-of thank you for keeping us going. They did this for the extra radio so if they do want to do something like this, it would make the most sense (to me at least).

Anybody can find what we post on the forum easily in google searches (they seem to look at this forum quite often) and the forum is of course open to anybody. In other words, the difference between "the community" and "the public" is the registration form for this forum.

Do you really want people to register here when they have no actual intention to interact with people in any meaningful way? If you were to do this you'd just be annoying the people who really want to have the device. A more sensible approach would be to send an early bird email to the current (registered?) owners of a Pineapple as a sort-of thank you for keeping us going. They did this for the extra radio so if they do want to do something like this, it would make the most sense (to me at least).

Absolutely right my man

• 3 weeks later...

Looks interesting, I'm interested to see what use-cases / modules it has (and whether or not any relevant code is open source).

USB A male connector looks a bit strange in a device that size though - micro B might have been a better choice!

Looks interesting, I'm interested to see what use-cases / modules it has (and whether or not any relevant code is open source).

USB A male connector looks a bit strange in a device that size though - micro B might have been a better choice!

But then you'd need an adapter to plug it into your computer.