New firmware coming out soon and MITMf integration on the cards!

mw3demo

The only people who can say for sure what is coming in a new firmware are those who develop it.

Absolutely correct!

We always said it wouldn't make it into this one, but we are aiming for the next one.

Lots of fun stuff lined up :)

No stress - thanks, Seb!

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wish they would release it already. This device has been useless for months without it.

aren't you maybe being narrow minded??

i dont know what mk generation you have, but you can use it for other things as wel besides mitm's.

i currently use the mk5 just as an access point at school and yes the teahers know what somone can use it for (been using it for more then a year at school).

• 3 weeks later...

aren't you maybe being narrow minded??

i dont know what mk generation you have, but you can use it for other things as wel besides mitm's.

i currently use the mk5 just as an access point at school and yes the teahers know what somone can use it for (been using it for more then a year at school).

UM... What?!?!? Narrow Minded?!? lmao - so I am supposed to be ok that paid 200 bucks for a PENTESTING device less than a year ago and now it's use has been reduced to a 10 dolla access point? all because the people who make the device released a new device and seem to be only supporting / updating the new device. we have been waiting patiently for months now with really no official release date or anything. I am sure they are thinking if they make us wait long enough we will just drop ANOTHER couple hundred dollars on the new device. I am sorry but that is a bunch of NONSENSE!

UM... What?!?!? Narrow Minded?!? lmao - so I am supposed to be ok that paid 200 bucks for a PENTESTING device less than a year ago and now it's use has been reduced to a 10 dolla access point? all because the people who make the device released a new device and seem to be only supporting / updating the new device. we have been waiting patiently for months now with really no official release date or anything. I am sure they are thinking if they make us wait long enough we will just drop ANOTHER couple hundred dollars on the new device. I am sorry but that is a bunch of NONSENSE!

The Mark V was out for quite a few years, the reason why it is no longer available, as Darren and Sebkinne have both explained before, is that part of the chipset used was End Of Lifed, which meant that the MkV could no longer be made. The Nano and Tetra development and production were then ramped up, majorly, to try and step in as fast as possible.

Now with the MkV no longer available, it makes sense that they would focus on the Nano and Tetra, but Sebkinne has also stated that when things calm down the MkV will get updates.

Hi Billbishere,

I'm sorry that you feel like we have abandoned development of the MK5.

First of all, the WiFi Pineapple MKV was priced at $100 - the same as the WiFi Pineapple NANO is currently priced at. It is our goal to make useful and affordable Penetration testing tools.

In regards to firmware development, as has been previously stated, we will be releasing an experimental build for the MK5 (based off of the NANO firmware). When exactly this will happen, I cannot say exactly. It's not that we do not want to, its more that we are currently focusing on getting the NANO and TETRA to a stable base, so we can focus on our big features for Defcon.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne