Yagi and Karma External Dongle

Heey hak5 members, whats up, been playing with the Pineapple for a couple of days and I'm having a few questions...

1. Can I attach a yagi directly in the Pineapple at wlan0 ?

2. Could it harm the yagi and or the Pineapple by directly plugging it in wlan0 ?

3. How can I change the MK5 Karma interface from the default wlan0 to wlan2 ?

You guys are doing a wonderful job, keep it up seb & Hak5 team :D

Hi DragonHunter,

1. Yes, as long as the connector is SMA. If it is RP-SMA, you will need a little adaptor.

2. Nope, it cannot, as long as you use the right connector (otherwise you could bend the pin).

3. Not right now, but we make this an option in the future. If we do add this functionality, the dongle will of course need to support AP mode.

Thank you!

Sebkinne

Hi DragonHunter,

1. Yes, as long as the connector is SMA. If it is RP-SMA, you will need a little adaptor.

2. Nope, it cannot, as long as you use the right connector (otherwise you could bend the pin).

3. Not right now, but we make this an option in the future. If we do add this functionality, the dongle will of course need to support AP mode.

Thank you!

Sebkinne

Heey seb, thanks for the info :) when plugging in the Yagi for Karma it needs to be plugged in at the AR 9331 right ?

I atleast assume so since RTL8187 is for packet injection and such

Keep it up, looking forward for the updates :D

Heey seb, thanks for the info :) when plugging in the Yagi for Karma it needs to be plugged in at the AR 9331 right ?

I atleast assume so since RTL8187 is for packet injection and such

Keep it up, looking forward for the updates :D

Correct!

And DragonHunter, as Seb already cautioned, you will likely need this adapter. All my other antenna's are RP-SMA (for the ALFAs), so be sure to look.

PS: My Yagi (mounted on a tripod) has been connected to my running pineapple for a couple of weeks now. :smile:

Edited by fringes

And DragonHunter, as Seb already cautioned, you will likely need this adapter. All my other antenna's are RP-SMA (for the ALFAs), so be sure to look.

PS: My Yagi (mounted on a tripod) has been connected to my running pineapple for a couple of weeks now. :smile:

Yeah I noticed, was just asking these questions since I don't wanna have my pineapple killed when just having it a few days haha :D

It's working beautifully :)

Is there any android app for the pineapple btw ? it would SO AWESOME to have a app which will check the clients + count etc

It would be awesome to have a app really, managing maybe multiple pineapple's at once... just a idea for phone users like me :)