360 wireless networking adapter

Arthmael

ok so i have this older xbox arcade wireless adapter and i would like to get some help on getting it to work on my machine

What i know so far

its locked to the xbox software ( so i read), as in the xbox tells it to work by authenticating somehow.

not sure what wireless chip it is, i have read that its an atheros chipset, i had it open and tried to identify the chips but all i could get is that they are from china and there ic chips ( big surprise there)

honestly i dont even think there is a wireless chipset on this thing and that maybe it is just an intelligent antenna of some sort i can take pics if you guys want to see what the board looks like and maybe be able to get some good shots of the chip that i can blow up, just gotta find my camera or a cell with a good high res camera.

since i cant edit guess ill add to it,

my hopes are that if there is a wireless chip on it i can use it on my desktop for pen testing and fucking with my neighbor :P

if there is not then perhaps use it for something else by rewriting to the chip(s) that are on there.

The FCC ID of the device is C3K1398 which brings me to this page on the X-Box 360 wifi adapter which refers to both the FCC documents (which include internal and external photographs) as well as this linux-wireless mailinglist message that suggests it's a unique device requiring different firmware code and, as such, isn't likely to get supported by Linux anytime soon.

Also, fucking with anybody without their explicit consent is frowned upon here.