Brand new MK5, logged in once, rebooted, bricked.

sceleris

Like the title says, I managed to log in one time, changed the timezone, now it's bricked. I've tried every method I can find to get it working. Multiple PC's, different cables, reboots galore, the oh so helpful "unbricking" instructions...you name it, I've tried it. Every method seems to assume you can actually connect to the darn thing, which of course, I can't!

I get "Network cable unplugged" since it crashed, nothing works. If you have some secret method of getting this thing to work, and keeping it working, I would love to know before I RMA it.

If you need more information, I will be happy to supply it.

need to set subnet in unbrick proceedure to

Source for this? I recently reflashed using this method from the wiki and the subnet would definitely be (and was) 255.255.255.0, but yeah, he would still need ethernet connectivity.

Have you tried a factory reset via the DIP switches? It doesn't sound like it will fix your issue, but at this point you've got nothing to lose, eh? :p

in the factory unbrick proceedure mine would not do anything until i set the ip to 192.168.1.2 and the subnet to 255.255.0.0. normally the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0

Unbricking a bricked WiFi Pineapple MKV

Bricked your WiFi Pineapple MKV? Unbricking is easy and doesn't require any extra hardware!

• Download the special factory image. This image is the WiFi Pineapple MKV's 2.0.4 firmware, packaged differently to allow unbricking. Please verify it's md5 checksum to be 8f684011ad40ca601cf159cd3381f7e0.
  • Power off your WiFi Pineapple MKV and set the DIP switches to up, up, up, up, down (from left to right).
  • Connect to your WiFi Pineapple MKV via ethernet and set your network interface to a static IP of 192.168.1.2
  • Boot up the WiFi Pineapple MKV. After around five seconds, you can navigate to http://192.168.1.1
  • Upload the factory.bin file through the interface. Wait for it to complete.
  • Set all the DIP switches back to the default configuration up, up, up, up, up (from left to right).
  • Set your network interface to 172.16.42.42 (or DHCP)
  • Make sure the SD card is inserted and powercycle the WiFi Pineapple MKV. Your device will now boot the 1.2.0 firmware. Please wait patiently and refer to the first boot instructions in your WiFi Pineapple MKV instructions. You may skip any information relating to the stager.
  • You are done. Enjoy your freshly flashed WiFi Pineapple MKV!