Samsung SSD hard drive lock question

RoninSmurf

I had a quick question that I wanted to throw out. A unknown user thought it would be funny to put a HDD lock on a couple laptops (Samsung MZ-7TE1280 drives) presumably from the BIOS. The system is a NTFS file system and I tried hooking it up to a different computer, setting it up as a slaved drive (HDD password follows it), I ran Boot n' nuke to try and format the drive (It errors out after 10 minutes or so), and tried running the 1 utility that I could find (hdd unlock). Preserving the data isn't all that important, though it would be nice to keep it in tact to try and isolate who did it. Any suggestions? (also contacted Lenovo on this issue. Not that I expected them to help with that particular issue I thought I'd ask anyways). Thanks

I would suggest downloading the Samsung Magician software and hooking the drive up to a working computer. See what Samsung's software says about the current state of the SSD.

Update: Just found this. May want to call Samsung and see if they can help out.

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/us/download/Samsung_SSD_White_Paper.pdf

Search for "Choosing the right option"