Pineapple Doesn't Power With Any Other PSU

youkergav

Hello!

I have recently bought the basic version of the MK5 Wifi Pineapple. I'm new to The Pineapple and am having some confusion. The Wifi Pineapple works great when plugged into the PSU that came in the kit. When I try to use any other cable and wall adapter the green L.E.D. is dimly lit and it seems to not be getting enough power. I am using an iPad wall adapter and the output is 10w (5v * 2a). I run into the same issue with using a power bank, which is also 10w (5v * 2a port):

USB cable and power bank:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MRD3UE6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

I would have expected the USB to barrel jack to work, but read the notes at the bottom of the hakshop description: https://hakshop.myshopify.com/collections/accessory/products/usb-power-cable?variant=211801167

WiFi Pineapple Usage Notes:

• The Barrel connector plugs into the WiFi Pineapple while the USB connector plugs into the power source.
  • The USB Power Source must be capable of supplying ~2 Amps as the WiFi Pineapple requires ~10 Watts (5v * 2a = 10w).
  • Many notebook computers such as netbooks are unable to supply the required current.
  • While providing 1 Amp may be sufficient to boot the WiFi Pineapple, it may be unstable and can lead to hardware failure.
  • Only use verified 2 Amp power supplies such as USB wall chargers, battery packs (typically labeled "iPad" for 2 Amp outlets) and some USB Hubs.
  • Never attempt to "back-feed" power to the WiFi Pineapple from the USB Port. Use only the DC Barrel port.

Make sure whatever you use is well regulated; I wouldn't try to use a charger as a power supply for the MkV.

I have to ask... If the provided PSU is working, why are you trying to use something else? And if you need a battery, you'll have fewer probleems if you buy a correct battery.

I would have expected the USB to barrel jack to work, but read the notes at the bottom of the hakshop description: https://hakshop.myshopify.com/collections/accessory/products/usb-power-cable?variant=211801167

WiFi Pineapple Usage Notes:

• The Barrel connector plugs into the WiFi Pineapple while the USB connector plugs into the power source.
  • The USB Power Source must be capable of supplying ~2 Amps as the WiFi Pineapple requires ~10 Watts (5v * 2a = 10w).
  • Many notebook computers such as netbooks are unable to supply the required current.
  • While providing 1 Amp may be sufficient to boot the WiFi Pineapple, it may be unstable and can lead to hardware failure.
  • Only use verified 2 Amp power supplies such as USB wall chargers, battery packs (typically labeled "iPad" for 2 Amp outlets) and some USB Hubs.
  • Never attempt to "back-feed" power to the WiFi Pineapple from the USB Port. Use only the DC Barrel port.

Make sure whatever you use is well regulated; I wouldn't try to use a charger as a power supply for the MkV.

I have to ask... If the provided PSU is working, why are you trying to use something else? And if you need a battery, you'll have fewer probleems if you buy a correct battery.

I am simply trying to buy a batter pack (like pineapple juice) to deploy the pineapple where there is no outlet. If I am using the wrong battery can you give me an example of the right one? I thought this one was okay because it was my understanding that the pineapple operated between 5v - 12v. If you know any that will work, please let me know.

Thank you

That is my understanding too. But as a PSU, it needs to provide adequate current and be well regulated. (A battery is good, a charger typically iis not.) There are other threads on this site that discuss alternative battery packs. (Just do a search.) I happen like my "Pineapple Juice 1800" from the hakshop.

Edited by fringes