Why do you have a blog?

Garda

First, who cares?

I don't have a blog. The first problem that i have is, who the hell would possibly be interested in what i have to say, the same goes for all you guys. With all the people on the internet, blogging and discussing things. Who do you think really gives a shit about what you have to say? I don't mean that in a rude way, but you are those people?

Second, why exactly do you blog?

What is it that drives you to talk about yourself to everyone on the internet. This is an odd, perhaps even narcissistic behaviour, although that's probably being too harsh, that people have, to just talk about themselves and tell everyone about what they've been up to.

Last, what do you blog about?

Are you consciously aware that you're just blogging about what you ate for breakfast and what colour your poo was this morning, and how exciting that could possibly be for anybody reading your posts

Who do you think really gives a shit about what you have to say? I don't mean that in a rude way, but you are those people?

I don't know, but tens of thousands like yourself tune in each month to hear what we have to say, and we're just geeks like everyone else on these forums.

Second, why exactly do you blog?

I started blogging a few years ago when I realized that it was easier to maintain a website powered by wordpress than rolling my own with php/mysql. I primarily used it as a place to post pictures that my family and friends would be interested in, as well as what's happening in my world, and even a little mp3 swapping area where close friends could borrow/lend music using some custom php code. Now I've moved into even more mainstream blogging areas like Vox and Flickr as honestly it's a lot easier than what I was doing before, and supposedly people are interested.

Last, what do you blog about?

I talk about major things that happen in my life, like wrecking my motorcycle, getting a new car, buying a house. And show stuff like what's going on behind the scenes, video clips that didn't make it into the episode, etc.

Are you consciously aware that you're just blogging about what you ate for breakfast and what colour your poo was this morning, and how exciting that could possibly be for anybody reading your posts

Who are these people that blog about their poo you speak of? I mean, maybe they do exist but I've never read them. Why would you read a random persons blog? I only read blogs by people I know, like Leo, Amber, Mikey, Andy, and the Pure Pwnage crew.

If a blogger writes about poop and nobody reads it, did it really happen?

Studies have shown that expressing thoughts in a diary or journal, helps the mind blogging just gives someone a reason to keep doing it.... it's the same idea behind talking to a psychiatrist this way is just free... and can be used against you in a court of law

I started mine so that I could get crap out of my head. I needed to have an outlet for my frustrations because I was headed for a heart attack. My blood pressure was out of control. Now when I have something that pisses me off I go to my blog and just vomit the words out of my head.

I used to think that no one read it at all, I put a counter up and seems that a few people are, nothing of significance but I guess it's something. I don't think that anyone really cares what I write about, thats not why I started doing it.

I now tend to talk about tech things that interest or anger me, when I first started I was all over the map.

Ehh... first time I blogged was when I put my first poem up online... I have an MSN passport so I figured hey, you know, since it's free I may as well claim an MSN Space... I continued to use that to vent and write poetry... I'm sure that having that was what drove me to write poetry...

I did kinda fade out after a while though and left it to die. I was given a Vox invite some time back but I have about 4 or 5 posts, I don't know why I bothered signing up.

It's funny though, Vox doesn't inspire me to write like MSN Spaces does, perhaps due to who might read it, perhaps due to the fact that I generally associate MSN with people that I know and generally trust (despite the MSN Space being public).

i dont like bloggin, because it ties you into saying something regularly. if you dont post regularly you lose readers.

so i choose to just add an article to my site if i have something to say. or if it's something less important i'll post a bulletin on myspace. or if i want a certain opinion, ill find a forum.

i personally dont read blogs either. it's too time consuming, and mostly people write crap.

Some people are busy with their lives and can't really keep in touch with everyone as the person is too busy to tell everyone what's going on. Blogs doesn't necessarily have to be about personal happenings or diaries. I read blogs about specific issues, which has absolutely nothing to do with the author's personal life. Specifically, it's more about religious, social and technological issues that interests me.