Why geeks Don't get girlfriends.

Madkat

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am quite lucky. I am a major nerd without the stereotypical looks and I am good at sport. In my younger days I was also a bit off the rails and throw people beatings and the such and I can say, that all of my nerd friends were the most loyal. They looked out for me, never snobbed me and I was happy to beat the crap outta anyone who gave them any grief. And now 10 years later they are all successful with shitloads of cash and the ones who gave em crap are getting nowhere. Nerds are a girls best friend. Ask my wife and two daughters (9 and 3) LMAO

PS I am 27 on Christmas Day

Yeah, thats fun for a few years but honestly, it gets old really fast. The women who are like that are all pretty dull, and any girls who'll do threesomes are never that exciting in the long run. Plus there is the STI risk however careful you are. I used to think it was cool to be drugged up, drunk and a whore, get as many girls as I could. But you can't beat a relationship with someone you actually love. If you don't actually care about the girl and can have a decent conversation with a girl, its just not as good.

Amen Vako.

Yeah, thats fun for a few years but honestly, it gets old really fast. The women who are like that are all pretty dull, and any girls who'll do threesomes are never that exciting in the long run. Plus there is the STI risk however careful you are. I used to think it was cool to be drugged up, drunk and a whore, get as many girls as I could. But you can't beat a relationship with someone you actually love. If you don't actually care about the girl and can have a decent conversation with a girl, its just not as good.

Amen Vako.

Amen both. I can't stand to be around girls who don't have the ability to have a reasonable conversation, even as friends so I'd probably die if I had a girl with a brick wall personality for a partner...

Or, equally annoying, when you look some really pretty girl deep into her eyes, and you end up seeing the back of her skull. She doesn't need to be tech (though it would be nice, and I've met a few of those that were certainly interesting) but an IQ above room temperature is a definite must.

Or, equally annoying, when you look some really pretty girl deep into her eyes, and you end up seeing the back of her skull. She doesn't need to be tech (though it would be nice, and I've met a few of those that were certainly interesting) but an IQ above room temperature is a definite must.

Last Sundays Family Guy!? :-)

In reply to the lunch line post:

I'm 16, and this was over a yahoo conversation (word for word, except for fixing my misspells)

to Wallis's Post. I don't own a laptop, and if shes over I dont touch my computer unless it is to put another movie on.

I just realized this post had 1500 views and 52 replies... I thought I would MABYE get 10... Damn!

I guess u shouldnt use big words when talking to them and try to talk slow so the y understand what ur saying and try to talk about girl things like...* has no clue please insert thing girls like to talk about here * and if its a geeky girl just act normal.

I guess u shouldnt use big words when talking to them and try to talk slow so the y understand what ur saying and try to talk about girl things like...* has no clue please insert thing girls like to talk about here * and if its a geeky girl just act normal.

Someone ain't getting any...

Did you just say to limit your vocabulary and talk slowly when talking to a girl so she understands what you are saying? Where you learned how to act around girls I don't know, but....gah.

Anyway,

I enjoy talking about politics, religion, automoblies, travel, string theory, omega numbers, music, computers, art, culture, liturature, and other things. Don't try to find something "girls like to talk about" talk about something you like and she likes. Although I have noticed one big difference between guys and gilrs: Even though I do like to talk about each of those things quite a bit, I do enjoy moving from one topic to another, not focusing on one thing for hours.

For instance, I start talking about my laptop. I move on to developments in laptop technology, then to battery research, then to alternative fuels, then to current events and society. Do you see how those jumps are actually very easy to make? I've found, in general, that girls are very good at associating things, and sometimes guys can get lost in what seems like a completely off topic jump in the conversation.

btw, the little jumps there are battery limitations--battery development, including methane fuel cells--hydrogen fuel cell powered cars--the price of oil--the "hydrogen economy" and what would have to change for that to happen in our society as a whole.

Anyways, i'm just rambling here.

Wallis

When I'm out socializing, I try really hard to not talk about tech.

It's the topic that I can go on and on and on about forever, and somehow I manage not to notice the person sitting across me doesn't give a shit. It took me quite some time to work out how to do this, as for some reason I naturally jump from some topic to the tech-side of it. I'm starting to get the hang of it though.

Now when someone comes up to me and starts to talk tech, I warn them that they might be biting off more than they might want to chew, and if they wouldn't rather want to talk about (insert something else here. Typically music in general, concerts and movies). At least that way when they persist I can honestly say I warned him/her.

It's the topic that I can go on and on and on about forever, and somehow I manage not to notice the person sitting across me doesn't give a shit. It took me quite some time to work out how to do this, as for some reason I naturally jump from some topic to the tech-side of it. I'm starting to get the hang of it though.

Now when someone comes up to me and starts to talk tech, I warn them that they might be biting off more than they might want to chew, and if they wouldn't rather want to talk about (insert something else here. Typically music in general, concerts and movies). At least that way when they persist I can honestly say I warned him/her.

Hahah! I know exactly what you mean, being a geek (however social) does cause enough problems when you automatically talk about tech or the technical implications/technical angle on things... I think it's a comfort thing partly because if you're feeling kinda awkward it's real easy to talk about something you're right at home with.

I also try real hard not to talk about it though, I tend to fail on a fairly regular basis because it is, for all intents and purposes, my life...

I can easily talk about other things, just seems my default is tech... If there's a conversation about society or the world at large, providing it's not too political I'm right in there... Basically anything that's not brain-numbingly stupid is conversation matter for me really so providing it's not "zomg that girl at the chemist's is so hawt... zomg my new riced out car is so awesome I'm gonna go pick up some chickz!" I'm all good...

I can talk about most subjects easily though if someone else starts the conversation, but that fails a bit if I'm in company that are also shy but wouldn't want to talk tech because no-one says anything at all beyond some small talk.

wow um wow. girls arnt dogs man. Perhaps its not that they dont understand, maybe they just dont care about all that techo geek babble. My fiance is the smartest person I know. She just doesnt give a shit about linux, unix, or whatever else i happen to find myself talking about. honestly.

wow um wow. girls arnt dogs man. Perhaps its not that they dont understand, maybe they just dont care about all that techo geek babble. My fiance is the smartest person I know. She just doesnt give a shit about linux, unix, or whatever else i happen to find myself talking about. honestly.

Hell yeah, if a girl doesn't seem to be reacting to what you're saying she's probably bored out of her skull listening to you babble on about RAM, ROM, kernel panics and floppy disk drives (innuendo aside)...

Granted, there are girls who are as thick as two short planks but to be honest that's not because they're female, it's because they're just not the learning type... and don't forget that applies to males too...

• 1 month later...

Did you just say to limit your vocabulary and talk slowly when talking to a girl so she understands what you are saying? Where you learned how to act around girls I don't know, but....gah.

The problem is he didn't learn to how to talk to girls. And don't forget wallis you're a lot smarter than a lot of people. I don't think I've ever had or heard anybody have a conversation about battery technology. I mean you're definettly one of the more worth while people to talk to in #hak5.

I hear ya, but it's more complicated for me. Most people that want to talk about tech I find either don't know what they're talking about so they 1)bore or 2) annoy me or they're just so weird that they scare me. Long story short I always steer clear of tech too. ;)

I really don't understand this theory that geeks can't get girls..... I'm a geek, I'm a big one. I sit there and talk to girls about computers and shit but I do switch topics. I also think I'm very good at being social. I used to be anti-social but from it I learned many athings. I'm 15 don't look that good and I still get girls so all I have to say is if you don't have confidence you will never get a girl friend. They are also not stupid (well some are but some guys are the same way) Alot of them just don't show their intellegence in public.

You just have to be confident, ask them questions and listen to what they say, it’s not hard. If you find it difficult, target women with low self confidence/ image.

If you look like shit then target less attractive women, it’s all about knowing your limits. At the end of the day, so what if a women turns you down, it’s not the end of the world.

Be a fucking man and stop being a fucking pussy . It really is that easy.