Getting started with the RasPi B.... FruityWifi?

Phini

Hi!

I've 2 RaspPi's (model B) here on the table and it's sunday and I've free time. =) I also have three monitor-mode

compatible wifi-usb-adapters and a active USB-hub and a USB-batterypack... I only need to tinker some USB-to-barrelplug

to connect the hub to the batterypack, too.

So, on one I tried to install FruityWifi... but somehow their KaliLinux-Image won't boot at all (just the red LED is on).

On another SD-card I installed Raspbian which boots, though even after upgrading to FruityWifi 2.1 the interface

in the webbrowser still tells me 1.7... something's fishy there?

So, how do I start with all the funstuff? :) No time/money for a WifiPineapple yet, though, that's why I ask here for other

possibilities :)

Hi!

I've 2 RaspPi's (model B) here on the table and it's sunday and I've free time. =) I also have three monitor-mode

compatible wifi-usb-adapters and a active USB-hub and a USB-batterypack... I only need to tinker some USB-to-barrelplug

to connect the hub to the batterypack, too.

So, on one I tried to install FruityWifi... but somehow their KaliLinux-Image won't boot at all (just the red LED is on).

On another SD-card I installed Raspbian which boots, though even after upgrading to FruityWifi 2.1 the interface

in the webbrowser still tells me 1.7... something's fishy there?

So, how do I start with all the funstuff? :) No time/money for a WifiPineapple yet, though, that's why I ask here for other

possibilities :)

Why dont you install kali, directly from here >>>>

http://docs.kali.org/armel-armhf/install-kali-linux-arm-raspberry-pi

Before using fruity wifi your better of learning the manual way of how to do things, that way you know what's going on.

That's the point, the image won't boot on the RasPi B. I only get a red LED.

Already tried with copying the bootloader files from any new working image on the SD-card... nothing.

And the card is working properly with other images, even tried 3 other card, nothing.

That's something we can work with.

Start with the basics. Please describe in excruciating detail what you did to put the image on the SD card. I want to know the exact commands you provided and if you tweaked any command from what's listed on the page z3roc00l linked to, please point that out, explain what you did differently and why you did it that way.

Hm I used Unetbootin under Windows. :)

Tried win32diskimager and now it boots, finally.

Installed FruityWifi now via apt (apt-get install fruitywifi) though I don't get the wireless-service enabled in the FruityWifi-config.

Are there any known probs with those NICs?:

Bus 001 Device 015: ID 148f:5370 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5370 Wireless Adapter
Bus 001 Device 014: ID 0cf3:9271 Atheros Communications, Inc. AR9271 802.11n
Bus 001 Device 011: ID 0bda:8179 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

Hm I used Unetbootin under Windows. :)

Tried win32diskimager and now it boots, finally.

Installed FruityWifi now via apt (apt-get install fruitywifi) though I don't get the wireless-service enabled in the FruityWifi-config.

Are there any known probs with those NICs?:

Bus 001 Device 015: ID 148f:5370 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT5370 Wireless Adapter
Bus 001 Device 014: ID 0cf3:9271 Atheros Communications, Inc. AR9271 802.11n
Bus 001 Device 011: ID 0bda:8179 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

I would re-install your OS start with the new version 1.1.0 https://www.kali.org/downloads/

Then test your wireless manually first if it works, then install fruity wifi if it fails you know where the issue is.

airmon-ng start wlanX
ifconfig wlanX down
Test injection with aireplay-ng -9 mon0
Edited by z3roc00l

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, somehow this all convinced me to order a MarkV and forget the Pi, atleast for this stuff.

I'm just worried that the WifiPineapple will be blocked by german customs because of missing DoC and and CE signs.... I did hear that people couldn't get the package at the customs-office....