SE Toolkit Website cloner not working for External

FinnSanity

If you mean by trying to serve from your home IP to the internet, either put the machine serving in a DMZ, or get a cloud server and run SET on a dedicated internet based server with a static IP. If your home and behind a router with NAT, screw trying to mess with port forwarding and such. Also, set is usually used on pen tests while on the same local network you are trying to exploit users on to gain access to the corporate lan, but yes, it can be used from home. You need to open a pipe to the outside world so they can reach you though, which depending on the ISP, if you're trying to serve on port 80 and 443, they may not allow traffic to your home at those ports. Also, as cooper asked TWICE, post any errors you get in SET. If none, post errors from the node trying to reach it, ie: server not found, 404, etc. Screen shots help too ;)

The machine is most likely(if in a VM) Isolated from the rest of the nodes on the LAN, and from the internet, no direct way to access it.

Drop the firewall, make sure a web server can be reached on the server? Test normal apache services on port 80 to the IP of the server, not to "localhost".

Just wondering... What are you trying to achieve? Is your goal really to create a copy of your own, empty webserver, or is there a slightly grander thing you're trying to do, where this is only the beginning?

Just wondering... What are you trying to achieve? Is your goal really to create a copy of your own, empty webserver, or is there a slightly grander thing you're trying to do, where this is only the beginning?

Most likely the latter. I don't think anyone wants to just clone a website on their local network with SET and call it a day.

I assumed as much and given the frankly staggering amount of noobism displayed so far my follow-up question would be, in my most monotone HAL9000 voice, "Are you sure you want to do that, Dave?"

• 6 years later...