Best All around Drone under $350

bytedeez

Can't exactly afford a phantom.

So i come here to talk to some of you experienced experts and get your opinions.

I was looking at the Quanum Nova from hobbyKIng read some good reviews, but i would still like some input from the community.

Please only respond if you have experience with drones, and have actually flown the type you are suggesting.

Thanks!

It depends. Are you experienced with flying? If not I recommend starting with a beater like I did. My first quad was a Hubsan X4 that only cost about $50 from Radio Shack. I learned how to fly and got all the crashes out of me on that first drone. Then I built a DJI FlameWheel F450. This cost way more than your $350 cap but I can honestly say I love it. I can't look at the link you posted since I am at work but I can vouch for HobbyKing as I have purchased things from them many times.

I agree with sud0nick i would start small like the protoX if you look around you can get 1 for about 28$ an i have had one it will defentaly take a beating i have crashed it 100's of times and it is still good as new. Plus it flies just like the big ones just make sure to trim it out and if it starfs flying funny pull off the blades and check for hair wraped aroung the shaft of the motors.

I was actually looking at the skytech M62 for a cheap starter. Its only $25.

What can you guys say about simulators compared to flying in real life? worth a try?

Anyway i know everyone kinda has their preference It seems he Quanum Nova get most of it design from the Cheerson CX-20 but it seems that HobbyKing upgraded some of the parts to get rid of a few issues Cheerson had.

I can't speak for any of the models you listed nor for simulators, as I have never used them, but in my opinion the best thing to do is just get out there and fly. Using a cheap model that works like more advanced models is the best way to go. When you crash it won't be a big deal and it probably won't take much damage. I looked up the Skytech M62 and I think that would be a great one for you to start with. Just don't go crazy and try to fly it really high and far (especially on a windy day) and wait until your comfortable with the basics before you start doing any aerobatics.

i ust the simulator from horizon hobbies http://www.horizonhobby.com/phoenix-r-c-pro-simulator-v50-rtm5000 it has all sorts of modles and it has a simulator for th blade 350qx which is the same drone i have and it has save me from crashing alot. The one i have does not hace a transmitter with it becaued i had a dx7s transmitter all ready. You can check out the specs here. http://www.phoenix-sim.com/purchase.asp

Edited by mreidiv