[Release] 2.2.X - Codename: Disassociotops

Sebkinne

Our deauth is more targeted and requires a AP and Client. To deauth from recon mode, scan for clients and click on the client you wish to deauth.

Over the command line, you can use "pineapple infusion pineap deauth <client> <ap>"

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Thanks Seb. But i think i will stick the the traditional Deauth infusion. (simply blacklist the Target AP). BTW, Deauth is working fine now. Blacklist = Target AP (A couple of weeks ago Whitlist = Target AP)

Cheers

I've discovered that with the new 2.2.0, libgd needs to be "reinstalled" to get the Monitor infusion to work. It seems libgd and dependencies were already installed, whether by me on sd and recovered, or as part of the rom, but was failing to be recognized as usable.

This may not be new to 2.2.0, as it had not worked for a few weeks.

Hi, Thanks for this new release!

Not sure if I have found bugs or if I am doing something wrong:

(I am on the latest firmware version and updated all my infusions).

1. Clear SSID for PineApp

This does not work for me, I click on the clearSSID and nothing happens, the list of managed SSID are still there.

2. Using an extra WIFI dongle to connect to the internet.

I only tried that once I upgraded to the latest firmware, so cannot say this was broken or not before.

Setup:

MarkV + Battery + USB Alpha WIFI

This creates Wlan2.

Wlan0 broadcast my pineapple hostpot (i.e.:PineWIFI)

Wlan1 is disabled so it can be used by beacon/harvester

Wlan2 ... I wanted to use that to associate to a wireless network and thus not having to connect to Pineapple to my laptop. (i.e.: StarbuksWIFI)

I can configure Wlan2 fine in the Network -> Client mode.

Everything works and everyone is happy... until you reboot the device!

Regardless if the USB Wifi dongle is connected or not when you reboot teh device, the settings for Wlan2 seems to be assigned to Wlan0 after reboot.

What I mean is that Wlan0 now broadcast StarbucksWIFI and not PineWIFI anymore.

Trying to fix it is also a nightmare as the interface then get unresponsive (even after several rebooting and regardless if you try to change the WIFI settings from Network or Wifi Manager), in the end I had to reset the WIFI settings to factory default (from the network tab... infusion?)

I am just wondering if it is because the MarkV upon reboot does not see Wlan2 straight away and then transfer its settings to an existing interface (i.e.: wlan0).

One thing I haven't tried is to have the following setup:

wlan0: Pinewifi

wlan1: starbukswifi setup

wlan2: leave as disable for beacon/harvester.

Maybe that would work better. But then again, maybe I am not doing something right!

Oh, and the first few times I have nodogsplash enabled, but then disabled its autostart and it didn't seem to make any difference.

3. DeAuth in Recon Mode

Might not be a bug... but the mac address of one of my laptop which was definitely connected to an AP (not the Pineapple) was still listed as "not associated". Even if I was using the laptop to browse the internet. I guess recon mode cannot see all association and needs to see some specific type of packets? (i.e.: during WIFI association).

Cheers,

Bugs.

The effect of this will be that the client gets deauthenticated and will immediately try to reconnect. Hopefully to your Pineapple AP if things are setup correctly. Think of the deauth infusion as a DOS attack tool used against the client or AP, versus the deauth mode is more of a tool to push clients in a certain direction

In the Deauth infusion i set the specefic ssid and channel that i want to deauth. Setting a whole range of channels is a waste of time. (at least in my case) Setting a only 1 channel will constantly deauth an AP until you decide to stop the deauth process.

1. Clear SSID for PineApp

This does not work for me, I click on the clearSSID and nothing happens, the list of managed SSID are still ther

Works fine for me! No problem.

2. Using an extra WIFI dongle to connect to the internet.

Wlan0 broadcast my pineapple hostpot (i.e.:PineWIFI)

Wlan1 is disabled so it can be used by beacon/harvester

Wlan2 ... I wanted to use that to associate to a wireless network and thus not having to connect to Pineapple to my laptop. (i.e.: StarbuksWIFI)

I can configure Wlan2 fine in the Network -> Client mode.

Everything works and everyone is happy... until you reboot the device!

Works also fine for me. Connected my WLAN2 (Alfa) to my home network.

After the reboot i´m still connected via WLAN2 to my home network.

WLAN2 is present during the boot. Absolute no problem.

Tried to flash with 2.2 and after two hours I was only seeing a green light, and flashing Blue light.

I tried factory reset, that did not work.

I tried to unbrick, and while I was able to communicate and get the firmware laded, the end result is still a Pineapple with a green LED and a flashing Blue LED.

Suggestions?

Hi BeNe,

I can now clean my SSID but it only works if PineAP is enabled.

Works fine for me! No problem.

Works also fine for me. Connected my WLAN2 (Alfa) to my home network.

After the reboot i´m still connected via WLAN2 to my home network.

WLAN2 is present during the boot. Absolute no problem.

Have you tried rebooting your Pineapple without the WLAN2 connected? If I set up WLAN2 and power off, remove WLAN2, power on, then the WLAN2 settings are somehow pushed to WLAN0.

I tried setting my Internet connection with WLAN1, but as soon as I start PineAP+Beacon, this interface is disconnected.

I coudln't see an option to change which interface PineAP uses to harvest and sends beacon, would be nice to be able to change it from the Web GUI.

For the Recon mode, I still don't see much associated clients although there are plenty of computer connected to a WIFI network around my pineapple.

Cheers,

Bugs.

I want to change the MAC of my pineapple with PineAP during the start with a dip command.

checked the pineapple cli:

PineAP command line utility
Usage: infusion pineap <option> [arguments]

Options:
   start                         - starts PineAP
   stop                          - stops PineAP

dogma [start|stop]            - starts / stops Dogma
   responder [start|stop]        - starts / stops Beacon Response
   harvester [start|stop]        - starts / stops Auto Harvester

setsource [mac]               - set PineAP's source. eg: aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
   settarget [mac]               - set PineAP's target. eg: aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

beaconinterval   [low, normal, fast]          - Change Beacon interval
   responseinterval [low, normal, fast]          - Change Response interval

addssid [ssid]               - Adds SSID to PineAP.
   delssid [ssid]               - Deletes SSID from PineAP.
   clear_ssids                  - Clears all SSIDs

deauth [client] [AP] [channel] - Deauthenticates client from an AP.
                                    Client / AP eg: aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
                                    Channel: 1-14

Is it possible to change the mac with setsource or settarget ?

Edited by BeNe

Tried to flash with 2.2 and after two hours I was only seeing a green light, and flashing Blue light.

I tried factory reset, that did not work.

I tried to unbrick, and while I was able to communicate and get the firmware laded, the end result is still a Pineapple with a green LED and a flashing Blue LED.

Suggestions?

Having the exact same issue here. Went to update to 2.2 and after it flashed the firmware 100%, it would not boot without eventually getting stuck in the solid green, red blue amber blue red pattern.

I also tried to unbrick and was able to to get the factory firmware flashed, but it goes back to the same pattern as before.

Having the exact same issue here. Went to update to 2.2 and after it flashed the firmware 100%, it would not boot without eventually getting stuck in the solid green, red blue amber blue red pattern.

I also tried to unbrick and was able to to get the factory firmware flashed, but it goes back to the same pattern as before.

That patterns means it's ready to be setup.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

That patterns means it's ready to be setup.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

Hi Seb,

I've seen the pattern before after a successful flash but in this instance it will not do anything; it won't respond to any pings, ssh attempts, and will boot up with the pattern sequence every time, even without an sd card.

If this is intended to happen, what am I after seeing the pattern?

Thanks,

mf

Hi Seb,

I've seen the pattern before after a successful flash but in this instance it will not do anything; it won't respond to any pings, ssh attempts, and will boot up with the pattern sequence every time, even without an sd card.

If this is intended to happen, what am I after seeing the pattern?

Thanks,

mf

You cannot SSH until you perform the initial setup.

Connect to the WiFi Pineapple over ethernet (or wireless, but we recommend wired) and browse to http://172.16.42.1:1471/.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well it was said the new firmware was to be released in mid March, but no dice. I did however notice that once when the pineapple got the negative attention From the U.S senator, things got awfully quiet around here. Is it just coincidence?

Well it was said the new firmware was to be released in mid March, but no dice. I did however notice that once when the pineapple got the negative attention From the U.S senator, things got awfully quiet around here. Is it just coincidence?

Yup, just a coincidence. Ran into a slight delay last month, but will have the firmware out asap.