T-Mobile Jet 2.0 4G Laptop Stick - Unlock?

dustbyter

Not sure how hard you looked, or if this method linked below works, but it seems it is possible based just on the number of results in google. I don't own one, so can't test, but worth a shot.

umg366.png

https://unlock4modem.in/huawei-umg366-4g-data-card/

|_https://unlock4modem.in/unlock-huawei-e366-4g-dongle-of-wind-mobile-canada/

The problem with all these unlocking sites is that you need to figure out what the unlock code itself is and from what I gather not a lot of people are telling, which is why you get questionable businesses like this popping up selling unlocking services.

According to Wikipedia you should be able to simply phone up the provider and ask for an unlock code in quite a few countries where having one is actually legal. Find a country where that operator doesn't provide service and tell the phone drone that you'll be staying there for a while and you don't want to buy another device just for there. They might not cooperate, but I reckon they can at least tell you how long you have to wait until they will or otherwise inform you about the process (you might have to pay them a one-time fee, but at least it's not one of those dodgy businesses). Remember that the device was dead-cheap because the operator subsidized it and they want you to make use of it for a bit to allow them to recoup their investment - it's the whole reason for the lock to be there in the first place.

Edited by Cooper