Need a basic Voip phone

badbass

I am looking for a desk phone. Up to 100 dollars. Wow there are lots of phones out there. Give me a few examples of phones you like. Feel free to play with wire shark and clan hopping. anyway I need a desk phone Cisco Nortel avaya shoretel etc. I don't know.

How's 35 bucks sound?

Seems this Grandstream is the el-cheapo brand in the VOIP arena. For an extra tenner you get a fancier model with a display. Donno if they're any good, but prices remain on the sane side.

Truth be told, I don't know of anybody that's using VOIP... Is this popular tech in the US? Here it seems companies just get a PABX with a stack of POTS lines running into it. And I think a lot of that has to do with the price of the phones themselves. Maybe the fancy phones are only for the secretaries - never really noticed but it wouldn't surprise me. The helldesk is on my floor too but to me it just seems they all simply use headsets connected to their PC. That's VOIP, obviously and I'd start with such clients if I wanted to dive into this. Cheaper for one, but then again, if right now you just want to have a phone to hook up that you may some day do funky stuff to...

Every business with over 50 people and multiple lines uses it. It is getting more popular, Cisco phones are still coming down in price. It is a competitive market there are lots of providors. Lots of companies use avaya phones. There are lots of asterix distributions including live cd's. h.323 is someting and software phones I don't know about. I here people work from home. Log into the client? I think the push ipv6 will help push lots of applications further that no one dreamed about. In a huge bank office with only 4000 people this is why they have a 10.0.0.0 network subnetted? flexibility. Lots to learn this year I will stop bugging you guys. p.s I setup no machine (rdp) on ubuntu using the putty and the console in another room to play with a cisco router "cheap terminal server".

I got a ton of Cisco 7960 series with 48v powwer brick that are usually set up as SCCP but they WILL do SIP , most all I have I converted to SIP. I used them with asterisk , they will also do POE. They are not the latest. Drop me a line I don't want much for one , they go for stupid prices on ebay, seriously I got like 40 or more and they do work. I can hook you up, where are you located, they don't weight much so shipping would not be too much.