re: ethernet cable - unable to upgrade or connect mark V

stormgal

I'm sure this has been covered before, but how does one connect/ upgrade firmware on the mark V without the ethernet cable? The ethernet cable is useless since two of my laptops - one mac and the other a lenovo thinkpad, do not have an ethernet jack, but are completely wireless. Is there another way to get started or other instructions that I can follow?

I have followed the link, which is really simple, but for some reason, I am unable to connect in client mode. I can't even get to the main screen because when I type in the address https://172.16.42.1:1471, the browser takes a very long time to load, then a message displays, "This page cannot be displayed".

I tried it on firefox, chrome, internet explorer and Safari on both my Mac OS and Windows 7 machines. I have also tried to reboot the mark V, and still the same problem.

FYI -I have an internet connection - able to get on any other page.

Have you perhaps set a static IP on your laptops? If you have, set it to auto dhcp. Or if the reverse, try setting a static IP in the 172.16.42.xxx ranges. Like 172.16.42.222. Connect to the pineapple, and see if it works :)

Also make sure all the dip switches are in the up position when booting the pineapple.

And if you can access the webuiafter all that, double check all the settings, and make sure there aren't any error in the config. Did you happen to enable client mode for Ethernet though not having Ethernet ports on the laptops? If so, plug the Ethernet into your home router, and access the pinewebui through its IP and port. Example, 192.168.0.12:1471

I have followed the link, which is really simple, but for some reason, I am unable to connect in client mode. I can't even get to the main screen because when I type in the address https://172.16.42.1:1471, the browser takes a very long time to load, then a message displays, "This page cannot be displayed".

I tried it on firefox, chrome, internet explorer and Safari on both my Mac OS and Windows 7 machines. I have also tried to reboot the mark V, and still the same problem.

FYI -I have an internet connection - able to get on any other page.

Just to help clarify, are you connecting your laptop to your home WiFi and trying to access the webUI? And this is after client mode has been configured on the Pineapple?

Hi -

Well, I was trying to set it up for the first time - I couldn't connect it at all to get to the webUI to configure client mode.

But it's okay now, I have managed to solve the problem.

I used another laptop with an ethernet jack and connected it that way. I updated all the firmware, so now it connects even after the device is restarted. I'm very happy now :grin: