Charging Pineapple Juice 1800 with non-default charger

zubr

Hi,

I just received the Pineapple Juice 1800. However, as I live in Austria, I cannot use the default charger as the plug does not fit.

Can I use any other charger with 12V? Does the Pineapple Juice 1800 has a built-in protection so that it gets not over-charged when connected too long to the power supply?

And must the battery be always switched on before it is charged?

Thank you.

Best,

Chris

Can I use any other charger with 12V? Does the Pineapple Juice 1800 has a built-in protection so that it gets not over-charged when connected too long to the power supply?

You should have received adapters with your kit that you can swap with the US plug on the power supply. I have left mine charging all night before without a problem.

And must the battery be always switched on before it is charged?

Yes. In order for the battery to charge the power must be on.

Edited by sud0nick

With the Pineapple Juice I did not receive any adapters for Europen power supply. There is only the US plug that I can't use. So is the adapter missing as it should be actually also delivered?

Can I use the charger for the Pineapple (for this device I received some European plug adapters)? It has however as output 9V while the original Juice charger has 12V.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Sebkinne,

sorry for just asking again:

1) Should I have received a European adapter with the Pineapple Juice?

2) Can I use the Pineapple charger with 9V instead? Is there no danger of over-charging?

Thank you.

Chris

Sebkinne,

sorry for just asking again:

1) Should I have received a European adapter with the Pineapple Juice?

2) Can I use the Pineapple charger with 9V instead? Is there no danger of over-charging?

Thank you.

Chris

We only sell the battery with a US plug. You can use an adapter to convert it to another country, as long as it matches the voltage on the PSU.

Because the charger has special logic in it to properly charge the battery, you should only use the charger we shop with the battery.

This is probably not the answer you were hoping for, I'm sorry for any inconvenience it may cause. Personally, I bought myself a 2 euro adaptor which works great - the transformer humms a bit, but I have been told this is expected.

Best regards,

Sebkinne