Question on new pineapple order

WyldWolf

New MKV holiday pack does not match video the microsd was already installed in unit no "firmware notes" card as shown in pineapple university unboxing vid so curious is this in fact a new unit, did the shipping change from the video? Also, the juicepack 1800 appeared fully charged I ran it with a 500ma 12v draw it lasted not quite an hour which seems defective to me it should be getting at least 6-8 hrs @ 500ma, correct? I am attempting one recharge then will RMA if necessary but hope it was a fluke.

Your PineappleJuice battery may have appeared fully charged but most likely wasn't. Mine was that way when I got it but it worked perfectly after charging it properly. I believe the shipping has changed because I don't recall getting firmware notes either but you really don't need them...

My question was whether they are shipping with the microsd also already inserted as mine was....everything I read says insert it but mine was in. Also, when I use web interface after initial boot/reboot and upgrade to 2.11 to format the SD, my df shows:

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on

/dev/sdcard/sd1 915116 29396 839836 3% /sd

Is there a reason a microsd labeled 2g formatted with web interface only has a <1gig partition ext4 usable?

It also appears nothing should really be installed to internal despite the tiny size like sslstrip because the logs cannot be redirected hence very quickly internal storage fills? Does everyone simply install all infusions to SD for this reason? I thought internal would be nice for small infusions and their configs and it would be easy to have them store their data to SD, but reading forums it's starting to look like that's really not the case?

Thanks for the help!

My Pineapple came with the sd card inserted as well. As for the memory issue I have no answer but I generally install infusions on the sd card for two reasons. One, because I don't want to fill up my internal storage, and two, because for things like Evil Portal II, where I have many different web pages and associated files, I want to keep everything across firmware upgrades. I also switched my sd card to a 16GB so I can't really compare my resources tile to yours.

The sd card that shipped with the pineapple was never intended to be used perminatly that card you recieved was so that the pineapple can be flashe with the most recent firmware i would sugest that you go and purchas a fast sd card with the size of memory you want. You will se a big improvement in read write times.

I plan on replacing it what I asked was whether I got used or defective stuff with the card being in upon receipt against all the docs and vids I see, and a 2gb card that shows under 1gb after being formatted using web interface for short-term use with only the one ext4 partition in conjunction with the overall question of whether it is virtually NOT POSSIBLE to put a handful of these infusions into internal memory on the device because those infusions all write logs, etc. that cannot be easily redirected hence on a test run or two, the ~3mb free becomes zero so quickly it should simply be always the case (maybe forced in future) to only install to SD.

Looks like it set 50% to swap with the mkfs.ext4 run so I missed that (BTW took 2 tries just for this card to be recognized after 1st boot/flash which makes me little nervous if I need to reflash. So, the big outstanding question is, @~6k each as example I want to install a dozen infusions to internal and have plenty left over and simply write those infusions to SD, can I symlink their log folders to SD, does anyone do this or am I alone in installing anything to internal? The vids I've seen always show "it's only 6k, so we'll install to internal"....but if after toggling sslstrip, urlsnarf, etc. on for couple runs and their log folders fill internal I'm wondering if anyone has perhaps written a nice shell script to symlink ALL the diff internally installed infusion's log/data folders to SD? If not, maybe I'll look at doing it but want to be sure I'm not reinventing the wheel!

What i was getting at on my previous post is maybe you should up grade your card. As far as your question I always install everthing to sd. Yes you can create symlinks to move the logs. The pineapple is just linux so it will work like any other linux box with a few exceptions. It is best to install to sd to aleviate issues like logs filling up.

Edited by mreidiv