Can't connect to pineapple via Wifi when receiving internet over ethernet

jogischika

Hey all,

I'm sure there is a simple explanation but I couldn't find this topic in the forum (i'm sure there must be a post though).

So I connect my pineapple to my home router via ethernet to have both antennas free for Karma, PineAP etc... Now, I connect to the wireless AP and try to open the pineapple management but this doesn't work. I can't get a connection over ssh either. Is there a way to solve this or is it just not possible for some reason?

Funny thing is that I can perfectly connect to the management website of my home router...

Any help would be appreciated!

Best

Jogi

Which firmware version are you using? In the new version released 2 days ago (2.1.0), the pineapple cannot be managed from the open access point for victims to connect to. Instead, there is an option to have a second, encrypted access point for the purpose of management. Your other option is to connect to your home wifi, and to navigate to the pineapple's IP address on your network.

EDIT: Of course you're using 2.1.0, that's the only version that supports Ethernet client mode out of the box, which you're using.
Edited by SergeantFTC

Which firmware version are you using? In the new version released 2 days ago (2.1.0), the pineapple cannot be managed from the open access point for victims to connect to. Instead, there is an option to have a second, encrypted access point for the purpose of management. Your other option is to connect to your home wifi, and to navigate to the pineapple's IP address on your network.

EDIT: Of course you're using 2.1.0, that's the only version that supports Ethernet client mode out of the box, which you're using.

I would like to point out, that you can manage the pineapple from the open default "pineapple" network. its just default set to hidden.

Hey all,

I'm sure there is a simple explanation but I couldn't find this topic in the forum (i'm sure there must be a post though).

So I connect my pineapple to my home router via ethernet to have both antennas free for Karma, PineAP etc... Now, I connect to the wireless AP and try to open the pineapple management but this doesn't work. I can't get a connection over ssh either. Is there a way to solve this or is it just not possible for some reason?

Funny thing is that I can perfectly connect to the management website of my home router...

Any help would be appreciated!

Best

Jogi

What operating system are you using? and also, to you home computer if using kali linux, do you have multiple network connections open ( connected to your router, and pineapple? ) if so, just only connect to the pineapple and disconnect from the router, for the purposes of diagnosing. Also are you set up on a static ip for your connections? Instead of the pineapples default 172.16.42.1, maybe you are static on your routers ip instead ( usualy in the 192.168.x.x ranges )

I would like to point out, that you can manage the pineapple from the open default "pineapple" network. its just default set to hidden.

You're right, my bad.

Hey guys,

I think you have already answered my question. I was assuming that wired client mode was possible before the current firmware update. I will just give this update a try and see if that solves it. Thanks though for all your input!

Best

jogi

Oh, you were trying to connect to the pineapple through your home wifi. Note that wired client mode is NOT the default. You'll have to log into the pineapple directly via ethernet or through its own access point to set that up.

Sorry to hijack your topic, but i do have a problem with the new firmware.

I have updated to the new firmware, after i connect my tablet to the wifi "pineaple5_" to setup the password and SSID this works like always.

After that i plug in my LAN cable, and go to the network settings, and "wired".

i select client mode, and DHCP, after that the network must restart.

But now i can not connect to the interface on the wifi, and i cant connect to it form my other computers in the same network.

Am i doing anything wrong ?I hope someone can help me.

Regards,

Robbert

Evening folks. I'm also new to the Pineapple and this topic is the exact same thing I'm trying. I have the following configuration setup:

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

\ MODEM \ -- ethernet --> \ SWITCH \ -- ethernet --> \ PINEAPPLE \

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

I want to create a completely separate wifi hotspot with the Pineapple without it being on the same network as my home wifi (hence the switch). In other words, I want the Pineapple to be its own WiFi hub. From what I gather, the latest firmware does not allow reception of an internet signal via WiFi (so the two antennas are free to broadcast). Is this a correct understanding?

Nextria, your question is off-topic and will likely take some discussion to resolve. Please start a new thread.

b9XhD6u3r346, no, that is not quite a correct understanding, and I think you're also misunderstanding how switches work. Please start a new thread as well.
Edited by SergeantFTC