home wireless sound systems... mp3 injection!

i8igmac

Well its just a idea, I have just purchased during black Friday a soundbar with wireless sub...

I notice this item was a big sale, every one has a big flat screen that is equipped with crap sound. I would say a item like this exists in a majority of homes (wireless speakers)

So... is this Bluetooth? Long range Bluetooth device is a simple hack...

Implementation... carwhisperer comes to mind, could record and inject to hands free Bluetooth devices...

What do u guys think, I'm not so sure this is Bluetooth frequency... could be fun!

Wikipedia basically says it could be anything. "The signal frequency range used by wireless speakers is generally the same as that used by cordless telephones — 900 MHz." but then further along that paragraph "Bluetooth devices use a radio communications system and therefore do not have to be in a visual line of sight with each other." which in the text kinda came out of nowhere - the word Bluetooth wasn't mentioned up until that point, all these wireless devices use a radio communications system and therefore do not have to be in a visual line of sight with each other. Like duh. The guy responsible for that paragraph needs to work on his writing skills.

Anyways, if you know the model you can find the manual online. I just banged a few search terms through google and found a model by Sony that clearly uses Bluetooth. Big logo printed on the back cover of the manual and there's a chapter on interference where they explain they use the same frequency range as wifi.

this was just a random idea I decided to share without eating researching.

my sound system does say bluetooth right on the box but I believe that is for Pandora purposes. The actual wireless speaker itself may not be Bluetooth... ill do as you and research the model