Problems with Mark V U-Boot

alygator_66

I have connected Mark V thru TTL console and unfortunately, I erased the U Boot. Please someone help me with the image of U-Boot and which steps to follow to go back to normal state. Now it lights up only the green led and a little bit the blue one and there is no screen when I connect ttl. What to do??

Hi alygator_66,

Sadly, unless you have a device (jtag flasher) that can write directly to the flash, you are out of luck.

Even so, you would need to first extract the working flash from another device.

There is no way to restore uboot via a serial cable, as that would require uboot.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

alygator_66,

I cannot suggest a device as it is not something I do. I am just responsible for the software.

The image that you need to flash needs to be a dump of a working WiFi Pineapple's flash. I cannot provide this dump - you would have to extract it from a working unit.

Something to keep in mind is that you will need to change the MAC and serial number inside the flash - otherwise they will match the one you dumped the firmware from.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne