2 part Question: Forums rules & adding Pineapple code sharing feature

bytedeez

Hi All, can someone point me to the forum rules for the pineapple section. Need to know if something i created is ok before sharing it.

Which lead me to an idea:

Under the infusions section we got 3 different sections for infusions system,user and command line.

I thought it would be cool if we had a community share section also for things like portal code for evil portal, I seen someone on here a while back create there own custom webUI that could fall under this section (too sleepy to think of more examples but i think you get the point.)

Currently there are some tasks that require you to scp or ssh into the pineapple to move code around like the above mentioned task and then it takes uploading the files somewhere else in order to share, then post links to people who might interested, then they have to download it...so on and so forth.

I believe with another section added this could be automated.

Now the main CON i see in this, is a section like this may require heavier and more attentive filtering by the hak5 team or assigned community members. ( i volunteer, if need be)

Anyways, Just a thought.

Edited by bytedeez

I'm pretty sure you can post anything you want to. Its an open source project you should just let people know "Hey if you mess up you might brick your pineapple and hak5 isn't responsible" I don't see why another sub forum would be needed for that

I'm pretty sure you can post anything you want to. Its an open source project you should just let people know "Hey if you mess up you might brick your pineapple and hak5 isn't responsible" I don't see why another sub forum would be needed for that

Its not so much that its needed, it would be more of a ease of use feature.

I mean to be honest the user infusions section isn't "needed" but it does provide an excellent solution, in terms of ease of use, for installing infusions.

Hi bytedeez,

First, please take a look at this thread:

https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/28813-psa-phishing-pages/

Now, it really depends on the code you want to share. Can you elaborate a little more on this? Because if it is just evil portal pages, the infusions developer can make this a bit easier for you in the future.

Its not phishing as described in the link above but rather it test / shows the dangers of byod (android only) and installing 3rd party applications.

The way its currently set-up is it asks you to install an "update" to gain access through the portal.

Crrently The "update" is an .apk that is setup to exploit the features of a popular messaging app and then send all messages through that app back through a server to another devices.

Now i assume to make this legal a disclaimer must be provided in the package?

Of course!

The reason this was created for personal use.

Which means no one should be using this against another individual without permission and i can not be held liable for the actions of others who might choose to do so.

Which it will state as a disclaimer in the release, once a few bugs are worked out.