Toggle switch for dip switches

THCMinister

I would like to connect toggle switches to the underside of my pineapple's dip switches. These will be mounted to a shelf I have inside my pelican case. However the toggle switches are not working. The dip switches function as intended. I have set the dip switches to all 0 and turning the toggle switches on doors nothing.

Should be an easy swap out.

Desolder DIP switch and add wires to a SPST switch (or correctly wire up a another kind of switch).

I guess you may have wired up a switch wrong or it may be the wrong way around - i.e. what you think is ON for the switch is actually OFF.

Do you have some pictures so I can take a look?

Should be an easy swap out.

Desolder DIP switch and add wires to a SPST switch (or correctly wire up a another kind of switch).

I guess you may have wired up a switch wrong or it may be the wrong way around - i.e. what you think is ON for the switch is actually OFF.

Do you have some pictures so I can take a look?

The plan is to leave the dip switch on the pineapple. I have soldered a a IC socket connector to the underside of the dip switches and cut a hole in the pineapple case to accommodate for it. This will allow me to plug and unplug the toggle switches as needed. I have ran a wire (without toggle switch) to two terminals of the original dip switch with no effect( i have changed the dip switch up and down, on and off). I will upload some pictures later today.

That should work....

The DIP switches are normally open. So, make sure that all switches are up (i.e. in the off position) for operation with the external switches - one picture has a switch down, along with the wire attached.

What I'd do is check the soldering is all good. With a multimeter and all switches up/off ensure no continuity between the corresponding IC socket pins. Next put all switches on/down and check that you do have continuity between corresponding socket pins,

Also remember that some pins have crazy non-user user customizable uses, so make sure that if you are connecting your switches that they are definitely open (i.e. not on) for normal use,

Iops I was looking at a pic I took on my computer and commenting on it rather than the one I uploaded. But either way it does not work. Continuity is there. Also if I connect more than three toggle switches the pineapple does not boot properly, solid red and blue and no activity

How are you testing? The dipstatus infusion? I'd be tempted to be using something like that to debug what is going on.

I've given up on my pineapple and have some spare switches laying around so I might crack out my soldering iron and see if I can get it to work. I can't think of anything that could be causing issues. You are just using a standard toggle with no additional circuitry right?