How to SSH into Pineapple Remotely?

TechDude

Hello,

I have successfully enabled AutoSSH on my Pineapple so I can remotely access the web interface (e.g. 164.84.38.155:666). However, I am having trouble SSH'ing into it via command line. I am trying to SSH into the exact same address which is working from the browser GUI (164.84.38.155:666), but it is not working.

When I try:

ssh root@164.84.38.155:666

I get this error:

ssh: Could not resolve hostname 164.84.38.155:666: Name or service not known

Is there a different address I'm suppose to SSH into or some other setting I need to configure?

Thanks.

Edited by TechDude

Hello,

I have successfully enabled AutoSSH on my Pineapple so I can remotely access the web interface (e.g. 164.84.38.155:666). However, I am having trouble SSH'ing into it via command line. I am trying to SSH into the exact same address which is working from the browser GUI (164.84.38.155:666), but it is not working.

When I try:

ssh root@164.84.38.155:666

I get this error:

ssh: Could not resolve hostname 164.84.38.155:666: Name or service not known

Is there a different address I'm suppose to SSH into or some other setting I need to configure?

Thanks.

You appear to be doing several things wrong. If SSH were on port 666, the correct syntax would be:

ssh root@164.84.38.155 -p 666

But you've already said that you have the web interface on port 666. You need to port forward SSH if you want to access it via your relay. I suggest that you look up other threads in this forum on autossh, relay servers, etc.