Teach me how to install Alfa AWUS036NHR V2 driver in Ubuntu please

Linuxnewbie48593

Seriously? I google it, and the VERY first link from googling "install Alfa AWUS036NHR V2 driver in Ubuntu" is http://askubuntu.com/questions/178009/how-do-i-install-drivers-for-the-alfa-awus036h-usb-wireless-adapter and tells you exactly what to do. Sure it's for 12.04 and not 14.10, but the basics are identical.

If you are too lazy to even google you are not going to have a good time using Ubuntu.

Edited by Rkiver

Seriously? I google it, and the VERY first link from googling "install Alfa AWUS036NHR V2 driver in Ubuntu" is http://askubuntu.com/questions/178009/how-do-i-install-drivers-for-the-alfa-awus036h-usb-wireless-adapter and tells you exactly what to do. Sure it's for 12.04 and not 14.10, but the basics are identical.

If you are too lazy to even google you are not going to have a good time using Ubuntu.

Should ask yourself why I tried asking here of all sites? I could have asked in the Ubuntu forum or anywhere. That was my first post here

I tried already the instructions for various sites. I got error.

This is like the last site I am trying to look for help. I saw many people using Alfa adapter here, that is why I asked.

If this doesn't answer, I am planning on continuing the use of default driver already in Ubuntu and take time to study more.

This is what I get

xxx@xxxx:~$ cd Documents
xxx@xxxx:~/Documents$ sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-`uname -r`
[sudo] password for xxx:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
build-essential is already the newest version.
linux-headers-3.18.0-031800rc3-generic is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
xxx@xxxx:~/Documents$ cd RTL8188EUS_linux_v4.3.0.4_11485.20140519
xxx@xxxx~/Documents/RTL8188EUS_linux_v4.3.0.4_11485.20140519$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

19$ sudo make install
cat install.sh >install
chmod a+x install

When I type 'sudo make install', I get the above two responses.

Then I proceeded with cat install.sh >install

chmod a+x install

Then I tried sudo make install

It gave a response 'make: 'install' is up to date'

Is this ok?

Edited by Linuxnewbie48593

Then I proceeded with cat install.sh >install

chmod a+x install

Then I tried sudo make install

It gave a response 'make: 'install' is up to date'

Is this ok?

Almost certainly not.

Remove the 'install' file you just created with that cat command, make install.sh executable with chmod and then run that directly.

rm ./install
chmod +x ./install.sh
./install.sh

If it complains about you not being allowed to do that, prefix the commands with "sudo ".

• 2 weeks later...

:: face palm ::