Newbie Needing Help with Mark V

Its Only Me

Hi Everyone

I am totaly new to this area of Computer Security and Ethical Hacking , Pen Testing etc, I have just started looking ta it on a self taught basis at present, out of my own personal interest. I receiveed my Mark V today and I am having problems setting Pineapple to my computer. I have followed the instructions, and enabled my Wifi to be shared etc and then set the IP and preffered DNS etc, it doesnt find the pineapple.

Any help would be gratefull, as I am obviousley doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance

I recommend reading the wiki for more information

To get the best answers it's best if you give as much as much information as possible what operating system are you using how are you connecting to it have you tried just connecting to the wifi pineapple hotspot pineapple AP I believe it's listed under SSID if you go to the network tile you can connect to your router and access it all that way or if you're running Linux you can download the wp5. Sh file and that will help you with ICS

Hi M40295

Ok I am using windows 8.1, I connected the device with an Ethernet to my computer, I followed the instructions and changed password etc and got to the control panel, it wouldnt allow me to connect to update any files. So I then followed the connection section, but it does not find the pineapple at ip 172.16.42.42:1471 after following the connection steps.

I havent tried the pineapple hotspot under SSID, I will try that and see if that works.

So obviously I am doing something completley wrong!! :wacko:

Hi M40295

Ok I am using windows 8.1, I connected the device with an Ethernet to my computer, I followed the instructions and changed password etc and got to the control panel, it wouldnt allow me to connect to update any files. So I then followed the connection section, but it does not find the pineapple at ip 172.16.42.42:1471 after following the connection steps.

I havent tried the pineapple hotspot under SSID, I will try that and see if that works.

So obviously I am doing something completley wrong!! :wacko:

The pineapple will always be at 172.16.42.1 by default. Your Windows 8.1 machine should be set to 172.16.42.42.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Yeah myself i've never had any luck with giving my pineapple internet using my router at home i've always had to have the pineapple connect over wireless LOL.

I have Windows 7 and have Internet File Sharing turned off on Windows so could be why when i get it figured all out i need to make a video for youtube on how to set that up.

Just a heads up their is a typo i noticed on the wiki http://wiki.wifipineapple.com/index.php/Windows_ICS someone spelled "Windows" wrong they spelled it "Windwos"

Edited by ZaraByte

Thanks everyone for the help, its much appreciated :smile: . I have managed to log on to my wifi via the pineapple, so I will try and up grade the firmware later today and then hopefully start getting into what the box can actually do over the next few weeks and months. A lot of trial and error along with reading and youtube videos on pineapple I think.