WIFI Antenna Switcher

jellydonut

Has anyone heard of a WIFI Antenna Switcher? I have 3 different WIFI antennas that I use on various devices, but mostly my computer. I would like to find a switcher box to switch between a directional, Yagi and Omni antenna without having to screw and unscrew each time. All three antennas have SMA connectors.

Thanks for any input.

This is for BNC N-type.

Here's one for SMA that switches automagically when you attach an antenna which isn't quite what you want.

You're apparently talking about a speciality product (didn't expact that as your requirement seems not particularly out of the ordinary) so chances are the prices for the exact type will be steep. My advice would be to go with the BNC N-type thing and get a few adapter plugs for BNC to SMA.

This is for BNC N-type.

Here's one for SMA that switches automagically when you attach an antenna which isn't quite what you want.

You're apparently talking about a speciality product (didn't expact that as your requirement seems not particularly out of the ordinary) so chances are the prices for the exact type will be steep. My advice would be to go with the BNC N-type thing and get a few adapter plugs for BNC to SMA.

Dude, look at the specs when you post shit. That first switch is rated for 600mhz, won't work for wifi. The second switch is made for building into new products and switches between an internal antenna, and an external antenna. It disconnects the internal when you plug in the external, that's all it switches.

This company has a handy search function.

I picked 1 input, 4 outputs, SMA-18GHz (donno if that disqualifies the lower freqs in any way) and then there's a number of options for attenuator type that I can't make heads or tails of but maybe you can.

If you want a manual one, there's this one but it's only 2 port...

Found them after reading this blog post and then googling for Transco.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I'm a little late to the party. Depending on where you live, what you are looking for can be found at electronic flea markets for a reasonable prices (10-20$) and operate from DC-18 GHz and has SMA ports. The devices sell for way more money new and look like this... http://www.dowkey.com/product/0/rf_switches_relays_401_latching_401_3208.php

I use these same devices to switch frequencies higher and with more power than your WiFi will ever produce. These devices come in many flavors of number of ports, switching voltage and switching characteristics and so beggars can't be choosers at flea market prices.