Infrared Repeater (The Black Mime)

hypersonic5000

I have an idea for a tv-b-gone type device but I know nothing on circuits so I could use some help. I want to make a infrared repeater (Code name: The Black Mime). What I want the device to do is have a infrared sensor and save the infrared code onto a attiny85. If the switch for the sensor is off and a button is pressed then I want the infrared transmitter to send the last saved code. If the sensor is turned on after another code is saved then the attiny will reset itself and have no data on it then save the code received. That's basically what I want for this project. If this one gets built and posted then I will keep thinking of projects. Thanks, hypersonic5000

You might need to know a few things about circuits before trying to make a non-trivial device.

Get an Arduino Uno and the IR sensors / receivers that Adafruit sell and do some tutorials - things will probably become more clear then.

Just use the ATMEGA328 on Uno for research and development and then move to the ATTINY when you have things working.

• 2 weeks later...

You might need to know a few things about circuits before trying to make a non-trivial device.

Get an Arduino Uno and the IR sensors / receivers that Adafruit sell and do some tutorials - things will probably become more clear then.

Just use the ATMEGA328 on Uno for research and development and then move to the ATTINY when you have things working.

Ive been working on the code but ive reached the point where I dont know the command

#include <IRremote.h>

int RECV_PIN = 11;

IRrecv irrecv(RECV_PIN);

decode_results results;

void setup()

{

Serial.begin(9600);

irrecv.enableIRIn(); // Start the receiver

}

void loop() {

if (irrecv.decode(&results)) {

Serial.println(results.value, HEX);