Installing Kali to a Dell XPS 13 (9333)

OpenFerret

Please note this post is also on the Kali forums, I just poted here as I usually get a better responce.

Hi all,

I want to install Kali to my Dell XPS 13 (9333) ultrabook, in preparation for starting the OSCP course. I can run it from a USB into live mode absolutely fine, but I've noticed there is no installer on the desktop now. When I boot into the install mode or graphical install, it just won't connect to wifi at all. It can see the access point SSID, asks for the passphrase and just won't connect... But I can use wifi on the live desktop?

Has anyone resolved this before or can point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

Oh, so during install the wifi isn't around. Okay, fair enough. Typically a command prompt is available on CTRL-ALT-F1 (first terminal). Going back to graphics is usually terminal 7 but just go over the F-keys until you get where you want to be.

It's ok, found the solution. I've started the live desktop and connected to the router and then started the install kali option in the menu system... It isn't on the desktop anymore so I thought it had been removed!

Many thanks for your help any how!

Just a heads up, the touch screen will probably not work anymore. I have the 12 and it worked for a while, but some update killed it. Then another update fixed it, then it died again later...