Choosing a safe Battery Pack

samps0

Looking for a battery pack to use for my Mark iv on the go. From reading the forums I see that these guys can be pretty delicate when it comes to power and I really don't want to fry my newly acquired pineapple! But at the same time I don't want to spend as much on a battery pack as I did the mark iv. So suggestions?

I found this one on ebay that seems to have the right voltage and would be able to support up to 4-5 hours battery life. What do y'all think, would this be safe to use?

12V 6800mAh Battery Pack

That looks pretty similar to the battery I bought with my MKV at the launch party - I might see if I can did it out and compare specs.

Should be fine - just make sure polarity of the jack is correct. Lower voltage would be better to avoid energy losses due to heat in the pineapple regulator, but shouldn't be a problem.

That looks pretty similar to the battery I bought with my MKV at the launch party - I might see if I can did it out and compare specs.

Should be fine - just make sure polarity of the jack is correct. Lower voltage would be better to avoid energy losses due to heat in the pineapple regulator, but shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks Oli! Will be ordering soon!

For myself I am running a solar setup on 12v with an additional +12v 3amp vreg which smooths out the voltage to 12.1v before hitting the pineapples vreg which then smooths it out more and I can report no heat issues to the pine as the vreg handles that :) https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/31595-solar-powered-pineapple-project/?hl=solar

Edited by Sinn3rman