Hiding or changing my DHCP Name

Vysage

I currently need information as how to spoof my DHCP Name I am already spoofing my MAC address but the name appears as my computer name and the admin (parents) reset it. If I continue with it I will have multiple duplicates of my computers name. Which will end in extreme suspicion. I only need to make the name be "Network Device" for we already have 3 of those and won't look suspicious at all.

I am full admin of my computer I do have it password protected so no one but me will access it. I only need the spoof for random occurrences. Simply for the fact if I used it too often I would get caught.

Thanks for any help.

I currently need information as how to spoof my DHCP Name I am already spoofing my MAC address but the name appears as my computer name and the admin (parents) reset it. If I continue with it I will have multiple duplicates of my computers name. Which will end in extreme suspicion. I only need to make the name be "Network Device" for we already have 3 of those and won't look suspicious at all.

I am full admin of my computer I do have it password protected so no one but me will access it. I only need the spoof for random occurrences. Simply for the fact if I used it too often I would get caught.

Thanks for any help.

NOTE: Changing my MAC address will bypass the Internet restriction. But the new MAC address applies and is saved to the router giving the name of my computer. And I don't know if just changing the name of my computer will affect what the DHCP retrieves.

If would seem that your dhcp client is the one providing the host name since there is no reliable way for the device to identify the other end aside from the MAC which, as you've found, can be modified without much hassle.

I'm confident that if you change the hostname of your machine it'll show up as such in the router but also when you don't provide that information it'll appear as that "Network Device".

One thing to consider though, if your parents are already distrusting of you to the point where they feel the need to monitor their router, the extra device popping up will be noticed and when they discover it's you (which they invariably will) you're going to be in a lot more shit than you otherwise would've been. Maybe the smart move to make here is to lay low for a bit, abide by the rules and let things relax a little first...

If would seem that your dhcp client is the one providing the host name since there is no reliable way for the device to identify the other end aside from the MAC which, as you've found, can be modified without much hassle.

I'm confident that if you change the hostname of your machine it'll show up as such in the router but also when you don't provide that information it'll appear as that "Network Device".

One thing to consider though, if your parents are already distrusting of you to the point where they feel the need to monitor their router, the extra device popping up will be noticed and when they discover it's you (which they invariably will) you're going to be in a lot more shit than you otherwise would've been. Maybe the smart move to make here is to lay low for a bit, abide by the rules and let things relax a little first...

Yeah ill try it. Well we have over 15 devices on the list 3-4 of which are Network device. I only plan on using the bypass for limited reasons

thank you for your reply.

On a home network, maybe. But it'll set alarm bells ringing on many average or better devices or outright disallow network access on a couple more. Still, worth a shot.