How do you Connect to an AP that requires a username & password?

ilia_bro

I'm trying to connect my Pineapple at my university, but in order to use the wireless, we need to enter our username and password into the wireless log in settings. In the Web UI, there is only a field for entering in the password, how do you enter the username? Is there a way to get around this?

I'm not sure what kind of System my university is running, all I know is that it requires my username and password to connect. Its pretty much an Intranet. There is only a password box to fill in on the Pineapple after selecting the Wireless network.

So is it a captive portal after you connect? Also once you connect your pineapple pull out your phone or laptop or whatver you have connect to the pineapple and sing in through there on your device

Is the username and password prompt within the browser after you connect (captive portal) or within the OS itself when you initially connect (WPA Enterprise w/ RADIUS server)? If it's the latter, I'm afraid that the Pineapple doesn't support easy connection to that kind of network. :( I'm sure that there's a way to do it manually within OpenWRT though.