Firmware for 2 MkVs and a Pineapple Plug ?

brianbr

The firmware release for this is coming. Just change the ipaddress of one of the pineapples to 172.16.42.2 and the gateway to 172.16.42.1 in /etc/config/network and reboot the pineapple

My second Mark V and the Pineapple Plug arrived today ... is there any documentation, firmware and/or infusions available????

cheers ... BBR

How rude of you to expect firmware, support and documentation or example use cases for a product you purchased! HAK5 are a small team, making no profit from the hakshop and clearly marked the product as not yet supported on on the product page!

Oh wait...

The firmware release for this is coming. Just change the ipaddress of one of the pineapples to 172.16.42.2 and the gateway to 172.16.42.1 in /etc/config/network and reboot the pineapple

@newbi3 - thanks, newbi. I figured it had to be something like that ... a lot this stuff is either new to me or else tucked away in the dark recesses of my memory .. I may have jumped into the deep end of the pool carrying a cinder block !!!

How rude of you to expect firmware, support and documentation or example use cases for a product you purchased! HAK5 are a small team, making no profit from the hakshop and clearly marked the product as not yet supported on on the product page!

Oh wait...

You know theres no reason to produce hate comments in things that arn't related to issues your having.

BTW, there are frequent FW releases, there is support and there is documentation, as well as use cases.

Edited by Foxtrot

It is not a "hate" comment but sarcasm. I've been there (show stopper bugs/issues on release of Hak5 hardware) and I am still having problems due to the lack of up to date firmware (which is a legal right under GPL) and lack of complete build instructions.

I've spent hundreds with Hak5 and am trying to raise the bar of what I feel is an inappropriate level of quality. Constant 'half baked' products, documentation and software (along with GPL copyright violations) is, in my humble opinion, not acceptable and is as "fair of a point" as your Hak5 apologetic stance. Sure, the Hak5 crew are nice people and i'm sure there is no deliberate malice, but there is a definite quality control problem that I am highlighting that needs to be addressed if I am to buy anything from them again in the future.