Building custom firmware

djsell

I have followed the build guide on the wiki http://wiki.wifipineapple.com/index.php/Build_guide (wiki is currently down, btw) in order to build my own packages. I'm able to successfully do so and install them on the mk5. The problem comes if I want to bake packages into the firmware and use that instead. Anytime I build the firmware, even with a freshly downloaded tar ball with no modifications, doing sysupgrade -n mk5-sysupgrade.bin results in a solid green light unresponsive bricked pineapple. How can I go about figuring out what is wrong? Has anyone successfully built their own firmware?

Thanks for the help.

I have followed the build guide on the wiki http://wiki.wifipineapple.com/index.php/Build_guide (wiki is currently down, btw) in order to build my own packages. I'm able to successfully do so and install them on the mk5. The problem comes if I want to bake packages into the firmware and use that instead. Anytime I build the firmware, even with a freshly downloaded tar ball with no modifications, doing sysupgrade -n mk5-sysupgrade.bin results in a solid green light unresponsive bricked pineapple. How can I go about figuring out what is wrong? Has anyone successfully built their own firmware?

Thanks for the help.

Just because the lights don't do what you expect doesn't mean it's not working. Have you tried connecting to the serial port? It's likely you have a console waiting for you...

~L0G1C

The firmware was reluctantly released to satisfy legal obligations under the GNU Public License (GPL) - the absolute minimum has been done. The firmware has not been updated for months (against the GPL that legally enforces via copyright that an offer for the corresponding source should be made available) and neither has the GitHub source code...

Still waiting (coming up to a year) for official expansion bus info so don't expect any proper guide to get the pineapple firmware and software into the "as released" state anytime soon.

The firmware was reluctantly released to satisfy legal obligations under the GNU Public License (GPL) - the absolute minimum has been done. The firmware has not been updated for months (against the GPL that legally enforces via copyright that an offer for the corresponding source should be made available) and neither has the GitHub source code...

Still waiting (coming up to a year) for official expansion bus info so don't expect any proper guide to get the pineapple firmware and software into the "as released" state anytime soon.

Ya... I'm not impressed with hak5 if this is true...