Wifi pineapple Continually crashing (wifite).

Emorrow.df

So I've been doing some testing of my wifi pineapple since receiving it today. Figured I would attempt a simple wep crack with it. I tried using wlan1 and wlan2 (adapter I purchased with the wifi pineapple). For some reason, it'll gather quite a few IVs (60k), doesn't crack it and then all of a sudden will lock up and reboot.

Using the latest wifite, running off the battery pak.

Any others having this issue?

I had a similar issue with 3 different MKV units. All of which were resolved with a better power source. I'd recommend anyone with these sorts of issues to first resort to the wall transformer that came with their MKV. If that doesn't resolve the issue I'd recommend finding another 12V adapter around the house/work that puts out 2+ amps OR a 12v battery.

~L0G1C

Tried that, also tried changing to dc-dc on the battery pack and changing it to 12v. Still locks up after just a few short minutes of running wifite.

Did you try another 12v DC adapter from around the house? You'll need a DC (direct current), center positive and 2+ amps.. something like a external HD, computer speakers, maybe a printer power supply..

YA even with the spare dc adapter it still crashes. Seems to get varying times before it crashes. latest one got 3 min into the crack, with 30k IVs and then reboots.

How are you calling/startin wifite? Are you passing any parameters/arguments/switches? I know when I first installed it I think it was the -e (SSID) would cause wifite to crash 1-2 minutes into the process.

~L0G1C

Firmware Version: 2.0.4

I can do some other simple things, been testing pineap (which btw is pretty awesome well done guys). Have managed to have my mac, bb and iphone all auto connect to pineap instead of my home ap. Doesn't crash altho sometimes wlan1 will randomly go down. I tried changing the IVs to crack to a much higher number, thinking maybe the cracking was causing it, but the latest attempt actually crashed < 10k IVs.

The only thing I can suggest/think of at this point is to reset/reflash to default configuration and beat the heck out of it in various ways and see if it tends to fail whenever CPU usage is high.. or eth0 traffic or.......... Always resetting to default will help troubleshoot though.

~L0G1C

So I can confirm this isn't related to a specific pineapple. Just opened the second one, updated to 2.0.4 and threw on wifite and locked up 4:55 into the crack. Altho this time it was a little different. hanging but not rebooting but never the less there are issues with it.

also just had a crash from just using pineap. had about 30 ap with 3 clients and sslstrip running. randomly crashed. Some pretty serious instability issues here hak5.

Edited by Emorrow.df

I've had my MkV crash/reboot several times during my first 2 weeks monkeying around with the pineapple. I'm not sure exactly what causes it, but I do remember that I would crash it by running airodump-ng + at least 3 instances of aireplay-ng. I haven't had it crash for 3 weeks now, but I've changed a few things:

• I'm now using a Class 10 32GB microSD card.
  • I've been using the 12V Pineapple Juice battery for those times when I'm doing heavy loads.

Maybe it's rebooting because the I/O was choking?

I've had my MkV crash/reboot several times during my first 2 weeks monkeying around with the pineapple. I'm not sure exactly what causes it, but I do remember that I would crash it by running airodump-ng + at least 3 instances of aireplay-ng. I haven't had it crash for 3 weeks now, but I've changed a few things

This was my experience with multiple units as well... My fix was to change the power adapter after I took a look at them on an O-Scope.

~L0G1C