A few quick questions . . .

factgasm

(1) How can I verify which version of the duck encoder I have installed on my machine?

(2) What is the latest version?

(3) Does anyone else have trouble making the ALT SPACE command work?

ALT SPACE is meant to open the menu in the top left corner of an application window. I could not get it to work last autumn and I cannot get it to work now either. If you ask me there's a problem with the compiler, but what do I know?

REM This is supposed to run CMD then hide it. Pauses are slow to allow for testing.
DELAY 3000
GUI r
DELAY 1000
STRING cmd /Q /D /T:7F /F:OFF /V:ON /K
DELAY 500
ENTER
DELAY 750
ALT SPACE
DELAY 750
STRING N
DELAY 750

When I run this script, the CMD windows opens but instead of a menu popping up and the window hiding, all that happens is that a letter N appears at the DOS prompt, nothing more.

This tells me that, unless I have misunderstood something (and I am happy to be corrected) then the compiler simply isn't interpreting the ALT SPACE instruction correctly when translating the script into the binary file. (I nearly titled this thread "In ALT SPACE no-one can hear you scream").

Constructive advice gratefully received.

EDIT: Solved my own problem - I was not using the correct keyboard layout. Now working properly.

Edited by factgasm