raspbery pi b+ ... no probe response from ap. disconnecting

i8igmac

this has been frustrating... I can't get my wifi card to stay connected to my wifi or ping google... I have ethernet pluged into the device so I can ssh to the pi root@192.168.70.135

Iwconfig wlan0 essid mywifi

Dhclient

My attempt to connect does not work for long.

Nmap -e wlan0 -sP 192.168.70.1 google.com

Resaults: 192.168.70.1 responds but google fails

And not long after wlan0 disconnects

ieee80211 phy0: wlan0: No probe response from AP 02:1c:10:4e:2f:5c after 500ms, disconnecting

I feel that because im connected by eth0 at the start, this may prevent wlan0 from becoming associated

it seems to be the network services are not what im used to... wheeze? ugly? nasty? stupid?

service network stop

service network-manager stop

iwconfig wlan0 essid mywifi

dhclient wlan0

seems that i can ping google.com... If i stop pinging google then not long after ill see this error in dmesg

ieee80211 phy0: wlan0: No probe response from AP 02:1c:10:4e:2f:5c after 500ms, disconnecting

Do your wifi and ethernet get IP addresses from separate subnets? Maybe the routing rules don't add up.

been at this for 3 days now over ssh... so at this point i have ethernet unplugged, hdmi is now pluged in and i got my keyboard out... daunting task...

i guess ill start a backgroud process of a ping google LOL what a joke

:shoots_his_brains_out: :blink:

Edited by i8igmac

Very strange. Is this something you may have configured in the AP, that it either doesn't broadcast or broadcasts less often (trying to be hidden or whatever)?

Very strange. Is this something you may have configured in the AP, that it either doesn't broadcast or broadcasts less often (trying to be hidden or whatever)?

Its ddwrt repeater... no other machine acts this way... this is a service issue. I will test other wifi router befor i rule this out

/etc/networkig/interfaces

Wlan0 manual

mon0 manual

From what i understand, this would tell networking service not to bothere with the device

soak

I did start a ping process that does not print stdout. Funny story

Edited by i8igmac