[Q] Ducky GPIO? HHHMMM

UnKn0wnBooof

Hmm. Unless you were to physically solder some wires onto the connection, then IDK, you might be able to do some other hacking of the Ducky. Just try not to kill the ducky! 8-)

I think it would be better if I did some more research into the SoC (Atmel chip) before I think about poking the duck with wires and solder. I'd rather not kill it, at least not yet anyway. D)

Most certainly. I would learn all about the ducky, and then I would try and modify it from there.

Thanks for posting the pics in the other thread - looks like those pins on the bottom of the Ducky are JTAG/reset pins and I don't think they can be used as GPIO or any of the common protocols easily - more investigation is needed.... So, I don't think it is a simple case of soldering on some header then hacking the firmware (which is not as trivial as modifying Arduino sketches).

There appears to be unused GPIO pins on the Atmel chip that could be used for modding the Ducky with some thin wire, probably more effort than it is worth though, especially when the firmware is taken into account.

Additionally, not much value in hacking into the LED / tactile switch I/O as nothing too interesting can be done with that.

• 2 weeks later...

That sucks. Would be better if a new Duck was released, honestly Oil, it would be amazing if you worked in conjunction with Hak5 to make this new Duck a reality. You obviously know what your talking about.

I agree with Lavanoid. If you look at the Arduino, you can actually find an EEPROM on most boards. If you wanted to create a ducky with the ability of the EEPROM, that might be the way to start. I know the Arduino Leonardo automatically works with USB type A connections, so maybe have a look at that.

Teensy is the way forward for an OTS board.

"USB type A" is referring to the connector type (i.e. USB A male connector is what you get on pen drives). The Leonardo has a Micro B female connector and a (compared to a flash drive) huge footprint.

I recently saw this great article on someone using the same attack as the ducky to put files/commands onto a remote server via virtual console. http://thruglassxfer.com/ On the site they have a modified Atmel where they are pushing the keyboard intput via a USB to serial adapter to send the keyboard sequences into the device. Can anyone help me modify either a teensy or my ducky to make this happen?