Just thinking out loud here... But would it be possible to force the nodogsplash popup screen once the victim is connected to the mkv?

For example have an to launch splash screen regardless of the system or connected device.

It would be a HUGE PLUS! I know it's a rather long shot, in fact, maybe i should mention this in the infusion idea section.

thx guys

No, that is not possible. If you find a way to do it I'd report it to google's bug bounty program right away and collect lots of money. It would be a huge security risk.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello :)

I have a small issue.

Just upgraded my Mark V to latest firmware. And using Evil Portal 2.4 now.

The Pineapple is on factory settings (except for the password) with wired internet connectivity using default IP addresses. Everything is working fine when using PinAP or the pineapple itself. Any client can connect through wifi (the management or the open one) and no problem there accessing the internet.

So I installed Evil Portal infusion , installed dependencies and used the auto configuration to change firewall rules and uncomment the gateway line ... Seems fine.

Started NoDogSplash with the default provided portal (the simple icon) , connected some external device (Windows 10 / Chrome) and tried accessing google. Browser get caught by the captive portal as it should and lands on the NoDogSplash page without issues.

Here comes my issue :

If I click the dog to get authenticated, then authentication seems to work , the browser gets redirected to google ... but there is no connectivity and it fails.

As soon as I stop NoDogSplash ... connectivity is restored.

I can't seem to figure out why there is no internet connectivity for authenticated users with nodogsplash.

Any assistance would be welcomed :) I did check the forums but couldn't really find any similar issue ...

• 2 months later...
Hey Newbi3,

This message was made to be placed in your new Nano/Evil Portal Thread but the thread is LOCKED.

Anyway, Glad to see that your adapting the new Evil Portal to the Nano/Tetra. Many of us are going to be looking forward to it!!

Just wondering, will my MKV captive portals (along with the all the configurations made) be compatible with the Nano's version of Evil Portal? Or are we going to have to start from scratch?

Thanks!

Update of my previous post : full debug log of nodogsplash

http://pastebin.com/APw6wns8

NoDogSplash is now using UCI for the configuration no longer using the file which is why the auto config thing fails - this is working in the Nano and Tetra version of Evil Portal and I'll get the fix out to the mkv soon.

Hey Newbi3,
This message was made to be placed in your new Nano/Evil Portal Thread but the thread is LOCKED.
Anyway, Glad to see that your adapting the new Evil Portal to the Nano/Tetra. Many of us are going to be looking forward to it!!
Just wondering, will my MKV captive portals (along with the all the configurations made) be compatible with the Nano's version of Evil Portal? Or are we going to have to start from scratch?
Thanks!

Yeah all of your portals will still work fine, the new version of NoDogSplash uses UCI for configuration. Evil Portal on the nano will automatically configure everything you need to get it going for you when you install dependencies but if you want to do additional configuration you can do it from the command line. Maybe in the future I'll have a section on the interface but not currently.

• 7 months later...

Hey everyone. I am having issues installing the dependencies for Evil Portal. I am unable to start the infusion from the small tile, and when I go into the larger tile, I click start, it turns green, i close the large tile and it says that nodogsplash is disabled still. After that i try to auto-configure, and it says that i am missing dependancies, so i click that, the pineapple spins, and i am still missing the dependancies.

I have tried uninstalling the infusion, then logging in via SSH and running opkg remove nodogsplash, then re-installing via SSH, and reinstalling via the web interface, and still nothing.

I have tried installing nodogsplash into the openwrt firmware directly (192.168.1.1) and still nothing. 

I have tried running the web interface through firefox, and installing the dependancies through this web browser....nothing. 

Yes I am connected to the internet, and am able to download all other files. I am at a loss as to what to do :( I am running the pineapple on an MR-3040. 

Thanks for your help :)

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed! (see below).

I have been following frozenjava's excellent Evil Portal videos on Youtube. I have a Pineapple Mk5 running the latest firmware and I have a question for the forum.

I watched both the "How to Setup Evil Portal 2.x" and "Getting Credentials with Evil Portal" videos and these were very clear indeed.

The Evil Portal infusion is now running and I have editted the code to capture a username and password. I know that frozenjava's HTML and Javascript code works because stepped through it using Visual Studio's debugger. However I think Evil Portal needs some port configuration done to it because so far in testing it, the username and password are not being recorded to the stored.txt file.

In Chris Haralson's video "How To: WiFi Pineapple Captive Portal Setup (Evil Portal & NoDogSplash)" he refers to an earlier version of EvilPortal and talks about Configuring UHTTP Daemon. (Go to exactly 3 minutes in).

At that point he edits a line "list listen http 0.0.0.0:80" and he changes the 80 to read 8080. That is the port number used in frozenjava's code. The problem is that in the Evil Portal 2.4 version - which I have installed on my Mk5 Pineapple - there is no button to click for configuring the UHTTP Daemon.

Does that editing need to be done in Evil Portal version 2.4? Do I need to edit the list listen_http value to 8080? Please help!

Evil Portal GUI from earlier version showing option to Configure UHTTP Daemon:

28590036874_b51e3dc851_z.jpg

list listen_http being editted as shown by Chris Haralson:

29212775095_370f1cdef2_z.jpg

Evil Portal GUI from current version (August 2016) without option to Configure UHTTP Daemon:

29178457806_9d2a37008c_z.jpg

Fixed! Explanation:

frozenjava's Youtube video was recorded using an earlier version of the Evil Portal infusion which used port 8080, hence the reason 8080 is embedded in the javascript.

However version 2.4 of Evil Portal runs on port 80 instead. For proof just see below:

28615379044_98a6bb7a34_z.jpg

Note that the command curl http://172.16.42.1:8080/capture.php - which should cause the capture.php file to execute, - fails because  the connection on port 8080 is refused.

However, the command curl http://172.16.42.1:80/capture.php  successfully causes the capture.php file to execute just fine.

Quite simply, if you want to adapt frozenjava's code for your own Evil Portal (v2.4), make sure to change the port number from 8080 to 80. That's it, couldn't be simpler.

I am a very happy bunny.

Edited by factgasm

• 3 weeks later...

this is a fantastic infusion. Wondering if it is possible to store the splash.html in a different location other than: /etc/nodogsplash/htdocs.  Reason I ask is that I am running out of space and I have developed a splash.html file with javascript, css and images... (I have an SD card and a USB attached to the wifi pineapple Mark V)

21 hours ago, sud0nick said:

True, thanks sud0nick ! Symbolic links are a good friend.

for those who have the same issue or question:

ln -s /usb/nodogsplash/htdocs/images  /etc/nodogsplash/htdocs/images

and

ln -s /usb/nodogsplash/htdocs/splash.html  /etc/nodogsplash/htdocs/splash.html

note:

neither splash.html nor images folder should exist in /etc/nodogsplash/htdocs before launching the above commands.

Another interesting link:

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is kind of deprecated but I recently got a MK5 from my work and I have been trying to setup my evil portal on it.  I am having an issue with the background image though.  I have it in the css as background: url('$imagesdir/background.jpg') no-repeat center center fixed;  I have also tried putting it into the html of the site with <body background="$imagesdir/background.jpg">.  It is not showing the background image with either of those.  I have verified that everything is correct and present and it even works that way on my MK4.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.