I copied a portal page and i'd like to keep the cloned version as close to the original as possible.

My doubt is regarding the css files.

Should I place them in: "www/nodogsplah" folder?

Also in the code, how would i go about linking the code/script to the css?

The original reads:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen"
 href="./Vex_files/styles.css" />

thanks guys!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i answered my own question.... Here's the solution:

ORIGINAL CSS FORMAT:

href="./Vex_files/styles.css" />

NOW LINKED CSS TO MKV:

href="//172.16.42.1/nodogsplash/styles.css" />

I can assume the same structure should also work when linking js etc...

You can do that but what I recently learned while building my cloning function for PortalAuth is that you should place CSS files in the images/ directory and access them with the $imagesdir variable. This is coming straight from the OpenWRT nodogsplash wiki (http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/wireless.hotspot.nodogsplash)

This makes it so you can easily swap portals and not get the CSS files confused since most may be titled styles.css. You could easily load the wrong style sheet for your portal.

Edited by sud0nick

@sud0nick many thanks for all your suggestions.

I finally successfully cloned a portal. (manually) Although it took me a long time, I learned A LOT.

Your recommendation on preserving a portal's .css file is what makes the difference between a regular looking portal and a professional looking portal.

I highly recommend it to anyone who plans on cloning a portal.

Cheers!

Helloo! Any knows how can an hotel can redirect www.google.com to the loggin page of the hotel?

And abother cuestion, is possible that when people connect to my mark v and open the browser automatic open a new page with my evil portal?? Thanks!!

I may be wrong but i do believe, if you have previously browsed to www.google.com the hotel's page would not redirect you but instead not load. As far as the browser new tab goes, highly unlikely... create the fake portal for the hotel, people will connect and will hit the fake portal, not all people but some.

Hey guys,

In making several portals, my image folder is starting to get ugly.

Therefore I was wondering if I could possible link my portal's images to a sub-directory in the image folder.

For example:

$imagesdir/abcpizza

abcpizza is where i would store my images for abcpizza.

Anyway I tried this idea but i can't get it to work. The images are not appearing in the splash screen.

Any ideas? perhaps it may not be possible?

Cheers

Cheeto, you should be keeping different images directories for each portal. The structure should be as follows:

Portal_1/                           Portal_2/
     |                |                  |               |
splash.html        images/          splash.html       images/

Then when you want to activate a portal you just copy the whole directory to /etc/nodogsplash/htdocs. This is what PortalAuth does when cloning and activating a portal and it keeps your directory structure neat and organized.

My current structure is as follows:

etc/nodogsplash/htdocs/images

My "images" folder has all the jpg's for all my portals.

I tried making a folder inside of the images folder but i can't get Evil portal to access the jpgs that are in there.

Just wondering, Evil Portal's library gives the user the convenience of simply click to activate a portal.

So, if i understand correctly, I have to:

1) go to the the images folder and delete the current Portal splash + images folder

2) copy the new portal's splash & images to that directory etc

3) use the portal.

This would sort of defeat the whole purpose of having a library in the first place.

I'm sure there has to be a way in which we could make the subdirectories inside of the images folder.

Example:

etc/nodogsplash/htdocs/images/portal1

etc/nodogsplash/htdocs/images/portal2

etc/nodogsplash/htdocs/images/portal3

etc..

Maybe I'm just aiming too high. :(

Cheers, and as always many thanks. I LOVE LEARNING

That's exactly my situation right now.

There are times that a captive portal may share the same images from portal to portal, so that's fine. but when you clone a site and have all the details like 20 jpgs, a couple of css's etc.. it tends to get a bit disorganized.

It would be great if we could keep a shared folder for portals that share common images etc.. and have individual folders for each portal.

Just an idea i guess..

I think you are misunderstanding what I stated. From /sd/portals (your library) you should have your portals set up in structure I displayed. Then, lets say you want to use Portal_1, you simply copy the contents of Portal_1 to /etc/nodogsplash/htdocs like this:

rm -rf /etc/nodogsplash/htdocs/*
cp -R /sd/portals/Portal_1/* /etc/nodogsplash/htdocs/

You have to first remove the current active portal otherwise your images directories will merge and you'll end up right back where you are now. Don't run these commands until you have organized your portals in /sd/portals/ otherwise you will lose all of your images.

This is the kind of structure I was talking about with you awhile ago when I thought about setting up a portal on each DIP switch configuration. Then I could easily go from place to place and not have to manually move around my portals.

I agree. Did you happen to see the suggestions that phpsystems and myself posted back on page 3?

Yeah I saw them, Its on my list of things to do now thanks for the suggestion

If you choose to go with my suggestion I need to add one more thing to it. The way the code is now as I posted it will make double tab spaces appear if another tab is clicked in the large tile and then the editor is loaded again. This will continue to increment for each tab clicked. To fix this change $(document).delegate to $('.myDiv').delegate where myDiv is a class assigned to a div in your tabs php file. This way the delegate won't be assigned multiple times in the same document.

Edited by sud0nick

It would indeed be nice to have the image files stored more organized and even preferably on the SD card due to limited space on the internal memory. My MKV is getting pretty full at the moment.

Symbolic links are you friend!

When I get some time to write the next version or so this kind of stuff will be in there. I'm just completely swamped right now

I recently replased my MicroSD card and today (with PortlAuth 2.1 out) decided to re-install Evil Portal (to the SD card).

In Firefox, when I click the issing Dependencies Install link, I get the little pop-up with the spinning pieneapple. The pieapple spins for 65 to 70 seconds, the pop-up box closes, and the dependencies are not installed. Since I was uable to install the dependencies in Firefox, so I switched to Chrome.

In Chrome, when I click the issing Dependencies Install link, I get the little pop-up with the spinning pieneapple. After 2 or three seconds, the pineapple stops spining, and the UI lockes up. After a bit, Chrome tells me the Page is unresposive.

Any thoughts or ideas?

• 2 months later...

Hak5 Ninja - Thanks for all the time that has gone into this infusion. It looks like a perfect tool if I can get it working well. Pretty new at this but have a few cloned pages from github I wanted to try. Coming across 2 issues after your excellent tutorial at present:

1. The devpreview tab is working fine, but even after config of NDS and a reboot of the MKV the live preview fails to show anything, regardless if accessed through the tile or tab.

2. On the Edit Portals HTML editing tab, I copied a pretty lengthy set of code from a github clone for a popular mail website...it shows, but when I save or move off the tab and come back to it, it just shows my previous short demo code that I copied from your tutorial.

Hope you can help

G

Please don't post anything regarding phishing especially not for credit cards! I don't not want to be held responsible for anything and that also applies for Sebkinne and the rest of Hak5.

Hak5 Ninja - Thanks for all the time that has gone into this infusion. It looks like a perfect tool if I can get it working well. Pretty new at this but have a few cloned pages from github I wanted to try. Coming across 2 issues after your excellent tutorial at present:

1. The devpreview tab is working fine, but even after config of NDS and a reboot of the MKV the live preview fails to show anything, regardless if accessed through the tile or tab.

2. On the Edit Portals HTML editing tab, I copied a pretty lengthy set of code from a github clone for a popular mail website...it shows, but when I save or move off the tab and come back to it, it just shows my previous short demo code that I copied from your tutorial.

Hope you can help

G

I will look into this for you. Also my title is "hak5 ninja" my name is newbi3 haha.

Newbi3 - Apologies if content is borderline. This is only being used in my home environment and with personal accounts for research not for any malicious purpose and definitely not with numbers.

I actually carried on playing with this today using a different laptop (it only had IE installed) and the Pineapple was in a different location. It behaved very strange, suddenly Karma was working with no issues (previously had a few), it grabbed a number of devices (all Apple) but importantly it allowed a live preview of NDS. Not sure if its an issue with browser or not - at the same time the SSLStrip tile would no longer show!!!

I will have another play tonight with FF/Chrome/IE and see if it is just browser problems and will let you know.