I need a new antenna.

ViTALiTY

Hello there.

So, I am in need of a new wifi antenna (with USB adapter) and I need some suggestions.

Long range is needed. Bought one of those chinese Yagi antennas and it sucks.

The best one I have ever had was the TurboTenna, by Dannets. It was expensive, about 100$, but it was a beast.

I need something less expensive that can pack as much horsepower as possible.

Things as injection and such are not really needed, I don't plan to use it on attacks, but that with be a plus.

Thanks in advance.

Because you don't have the knowledge you assume you don't have the time.

is a youtube video of some ADHD retard making a wifi antenna using a standard USB wifi adapter (no external antenna so ultra-cheap), a colander, a USB extension cord and some hot glue. Seriously, if a basket case like that can make this, anybody can.

Because you don't have the knowledge you assume you don't have the time.

is a youtube video of some ADHD retard making a wifi antenna using a standard USB wifi adapter (no external antenna so ultra-cheap), a colander, a USB extension cord and some hot glue. Seriously, if a basket case like that can make this, anybody can.

Thanks, but... Like I said, out of my reach. :P

What do you guys think of this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TP-LINK-2-4GHz-24dBi-Long-Range-Parabolic-Wireless-Outdoor-Antenna-TL-ANT2424B-/121200871021?pt=US_Networking_Boosters_Extenders_Antennas&hash=item1c3822866d

Also, what's a good adapter I should get? And what cable?

I want it to connect directly to my laptop.

I'd consider it *MASSIVE* overkill for most installations but as you said you need long range and something like this can certainly give it to you. You'll need to really aim a beast like this at your intended target obviously.

For cable go with low-loss LMR-400 and make the cable as short as you possibly can.

For best results get a cheap computer such as a Raspberry Pi or even another router and have it handle the connection. Mount it close to the dish in a weather-proof box (i'm assuming this thing gets placed outside) and run a chunk of CAT5e(indoor)/CAT6(outdoor) between it and your router. Keep in mind that you lose signal for every foot of coax cable (quality just determines how much loss, but it's impossible to prevent) and for every connector the signal needs to travel through before reaching the radio, so try to keep things as close together as you can and switch to something other than coax as quick as you can get away with.

Edited by Cooper