mkv boot problem

qqqaaazzz

Initial thought is it's a power supply problem. How is the MK5 being powered now -- the stock wall adapter, a USB lead? Do you have another compatible 9-12v PSU to test?

We also shouldn't rule out software. Does it exhibit the same behavior when in factory reset mode? That is to say, does it do this reboot when DIPs are in the up, up, up, up, down configuration (from left to right).

Have you contacted support@hak5.org ?

• 2 months later...

Their are many things that can cause this to happen did you happen to install any infusions ever on the mark v?

Like Darren said could be a power issue are you using the adapter that came with the mark v?

Are you able to boot into recovery mode like darren said?

Question go's to all of you having this problem that posted.

I've seen infusions cause this also a power issue can cause this.

Their are many things that can cause this to happen did you happen to install any infusions ever on the mark v?

Like Darren said could be a power issue are you using the adapter that came with the mark v?

Are you able to boot into recovery mode like darren said?

Question go's to all of you having this problem that posted.

I've seen infusions cause this also a power issue can cause this.

It happened after upgrade to 2.0.4 over the air.

The question is not what caused the problem but how could it be solved!! Nothing works! Neither the factory reset via dip-switches nor the flashing with the factory.bin via the recovery interface. But yes, I can start recovery mode and I can flash the bin with the recovery gui, but after that I have the blue led blinking infinitely again...

I think my MK V must be replaced :sad:

It happened after upgrade to 2.0.4 over the air.

The question is not what caused the problem but how could it be solved!! Nothing works! Neither the factory reset via dip-switches nor the flashing with the factory.bin via the recovery interface. But yes, I can start recovery mode and I can flash the bin with the recovery gui, but after that I have the blue led blinking infinitely again...

I think my MK V must be replaced :sad:

Yeah this is why i don't recommend ever doing a firmware upgrade over the air may work for some but i prefer to do it the long and safe way which is why i made that video doing it the way i do it.

Personally i wish i could get that mark v off you just so i could play around with it but eh all you can do is request an RMA if you recently bought with i believe within 30 days you can have it replaced.

Myself i'd rather try to fix it myself cause im always up for a challenge I don't know much about the Mark V but they claim that the Mark V is hard to hard brick due to their setup on it.

I swear a factory reset should restore it.

Yeah this is why i don't recommend ever doing a firmware upgrade over the air may work for some but i prefer to do it the long and safe way which is why i made that video doing it the way i do it.

Personally i wish i could get that mark v off you just so i could play around with it but eh all you can do is request an RMA if you recently bought with i believe within 30 days you can have it replaced.

Myself i'd rather try to fix it myself cause im always up for a challenge I don't know much about the Mark V but they claim that the Mark V is hard to hard brick due to their setup on it.

I swear a factory reset should restore it.

Unfortunately the factory reset is not working either. When powering on with dip switches 2 and 3 down, I also only get the soild green and blinking blue led inifinitely....

Unfortunately the factory reset is not working either. When powering on with dip switches 2 and 3 down, I also only get the soild green and blinking blue led inifinitely....

You're only supposed to put the dipswitch by the antenna down from to left to right

Like this http://youtu.be/mZJS6llVslY?t=2m37s

the rest of the dipswitches you leave alone and after the flashing is done you put the switch back up unplug and plug back in again.

does the pineapple have any internal memory (not including the SD card)?

Yes, it sure does which is why it allows you to store some infusions to it. If im not mistaken it has 16 MB of internal storage.