How much GB does Kali linux needs ?

eronis

I want to try kali linux because of my curiousity. I have a few questions;

- How much GB does Kali Linux needs ?

- What kind of system kali linux needs ? (does kali linux wants good hardware ?)

Maybe it's irrevelant, but I've looked new laptops what there are cheap, and I've found 2 laptop;

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Acer-Aspire-E1-510-35204G50Dnkk-Notebook.115932.0.html

I want to good system speed,

I want to run virtual box,

is that laptop useful for me ?

Figured you'd bought that laptop by now, given your previous topic.

Let's put it this way: There's a version of Kali out there that runs on a Raspberry Pi. I'm sure any laptop you end up getting will work fine.

A lot of your questions could be answered on the Kali website and forum.
From the official Kali documentation about requirements:

"A minimum of 10 GB disk space for the Kali Linux install"

Linux in general requires LESS of a computer than windows does, so no special hardware requirements there.
In fact, I run Kali on a crappy Asus Netbook, 1.8 ghz single core processor with 2 gb of RAM.

A lot of infosec guys recommend using kali as vm since it isn't aimed towards everyday OS use.
The guys at Kali are even so nice, they put up special VM images for us to use :)
http://www.offensive-security.com/kali-linux-vmware-arm-image-download/

Edited by spazi

The last laptop that I ran Kali on was an HP/Compaq NC6400, 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo 32bit w/2GB of RAM. With all the little extras that I installed it came to just under 17GB of Hard Drive use.

If you know the tools you want to use (i.e. Metasploit, WireShark, ect) and don't need all the tools that Kali has to offer then you might be just as well off doing an install of a good Debian Testing Distro(or better yet something Arch based like Manjaro or Antergos) and just adding those tools to the mix. That would probably use up less hard drive space and you'd still get what you needed. JMHO, YMMV.