one wifi card. broadcast wifi and connect to AP

i8igmac

on linux mint and kali running on my labtop I can connect to my home network and then run airbase-ng to broadcast another wifi essid...

so. While my wifi card is connected to my home ap ill set the card to monitor made and place the card on the same channel and start airbase mon0 -P -C 60 -c 6

Iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor

Iwconfig wlan0 channel 6

Airbase-ng wlan0 -e free-wifi

with dns configured and iptables i now have a working repeater/fake-ap or what ever you want to call it

Now my question is I would like to understand why these services running on gnome kali and gnome mint don't interfere with the task above but other linux os networking service don't allow for this...

So arm kali 1.0.9 raspberry pi b+

How could I properly stop all networking services and achieve a wifi repeater functionality? maybe some examples?

Maybe someone could confirm or correct what I have here...

plug the wifi card in to start with a blank canvass... testing with kali arm raspbery image

service network-manager stop
pkill wpa-supplicant
pkill dhclient
Iwconfig wlan0 essid my-wifi
Dhclient wlan0
Services that may interfere are properly stopped? Connection with my-wifi established

Ifconfig wlan0 down
Iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor
ifconfig wlan0 up
At this point you should be able to ping other devices on the network threw wlan0 with nmap... you are now established in monitor mode...

airbase-ng wlan0 -P -C 60
Now you are almost set. All that is left is iptables and dns masq to hand out ip's to the clients to forward traffic... you should not see any errors, channel -1errors

and now cinfigure iptables and dnsmasq

iptables --flush && iptables --table nat --flush && iptables --delete-chain && iptables --table nat --delete-chain
iptables --table nat --append POSTROUTING --out-interface wlan0 -j MASQUERADE
iptables --append FORWARD --in-interface at0 -j ACCEPT
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
echo 'dhcp-range=192.168.96.50,192.168.96.150,12h' > /etc/dnsmasq.conf
ifconfig at0 192.168.96.1 up
pkill dnsmasq
dnsmasq
You should have a karma like fake ap running on your kali linux machine with working internet from one wifi device... i may need help correcting the iptables... Edited by i8igmac