The Pocket Drone

NovaSam

Not sure how I missed this one. Looks pretty neat, and supposed to get up to 20 minutes of flight time even with a GoPro attached, but can hold other payloads. GPS waypoints, and follow me mode sounds pretty cool as well. Was a kickstarted, and they claim to have made it hackable, but does not look open source like our friends. Great ideas, even with the FAA crackdown it will be interesting to see what this all goes.

https://www.thepocketdrone.com/store/checkout?cart=53fac793285fd

lol $600 for a drone? no thanks. Drone's are as expensive as computers used to be and drone's cost less to build.

Heh. Radio came loose in flight...

20131124_170347.jpg

RIP $600 Best money ever wasted this is why i don't buy these or any drones in my area it would get stuck in a tree the closest thing to a drone i had was one of them RC helicopters paid like $75 for it at the Mall i thought it was so cool got it home played with it was lame wasted $75 and pissed my mom off that day not worth it. I guess its cool if you got the money to waste people like me aint got that kinda money to waste.

Edited by ZaraByte

Heh. Radio came loose in flight...

20131124_170347.jpg

Ouch! I hope you liked the model coz then you could get a new one and should something similar happen again you have a few spare parts (though a rather lot looks very broken). What altitude did the thing drop from?

Ouch! I hope you liked the model coz then you could get a new one and should something similar happen again you have a few spare parts (though a rather lot looks very broken). What altitude did the thing drop from?

Nope, it was a kickstarter project that my wife bought me. The developers left the project about 6 months after they shipped the quads. I can reuse the ESCs, battery maybe one motor and the controller. Frame is toast and I don't trust the flight computer any farther than I can throw my car. It was always flakey. This dropped out of the sky from about 15 feet or so, but the motors were full throttle right up to impact...

RIP $600 Best money ever wasted this is why i don't buy these or any drones in my area it would get stuck in a tree the closest thing to a drone i had was one of them RC helicopters paid like $75 for it at the Mall i thought it was so cool got it home played with it was lame wasted $75 and pissed my mom off that day not worth it. I guess its cool if you got the money to waste people like me aint got that kinda money to waste.

I had fun with it, and plan to eventually replace it. Most adults have expensive hobbies, even more than this. Just add up how much cigarettes or beer costs for the year! I'm also looking at a 3D printer, which will be quite a bit more than the quad cost. I have a good job, that's what they're for, to pay for the hobbies!

Edited by barry99705

IMAG1993.jpg

Built mine in a few hours. I am in the process of adding FPV setup so I can remotely fly the quad without needing to actually see the quad itself. The arms will fold in towards each other so you can carry it in a backpack. I am going to swap flight control boards so I can start doing Acrobatics and racing.

Edited by deathdealerxx

I just ordered a Turnigy SK450 quad.

$300

"ready to fly"....maybe after i flash the esc's with simonk.

First quad and rc but i'm looking forward to seeing what its capable of.

Congrats, it is a lot of fun. After a while you will prob ditch that KK2.1 FC board for a Naza or MultiWii FC board. So many more options and features.

When read your post my initial thought was "why would anybody want *that*??" which led to even more amazement when I went to the site and noticed the $1200+ price tag. I'm thinking, dude, get a puppy! Then I started the video and it all made sense. It's not for me, but it's a cool concept.