Lightning USB Contraceptive Bundle

kingofcracking

Hello all, I just bought the usb contraceptive pack, which included usb, micro usb and lightning dongles. The first two ones are perfect.

Here is the link to the hakshop website:

https://hakshop.myshopify.com/products/usb-contraceptive

That may sound very noobish and stupid, but the problem is that I can't manage to find how to use the Lightning Contraceptive Bundle. I mean, I can connect the upper extremity to my iPhone 5, but I can't see how to connect the lower extremity.

Indeed, I tried to connect it to the Lightning Male Cable, which was the most logical. However it didn't fit. It seems that the lower extremity needs something like "Female Lightning Cable", but does that even exist? :P

Thank you for helping me.

PS: By lower extremity, I mean the extremity that is at the bottom of the picture that you can find at the hakshop link I provided ;)

Hi,

The lower connector appears to be micro-usb.

Tim

Hey Tim,

Thanks for answering. Unfortunately, micro-usb is also an option that I've tried before and that doesn't work because it doesn't do its contraceptive job. I mean, when I connect my iphone to my mac with the micro-usb cable and the lightning dongle, it doesn't only charge, it also lets data pass... I am able to synchronize stuff on iTunes and so on, which I shouldn't be allowed to...

Therefore, I tried to connect the lightning contraceptive dongle to the micro-usb contraceptive dongle to the micro usb cable to my mac, but then nothing happened, nor charging or data transferring... Any ideas?

What gave you the idea that the Lightning connector would work with a micro-usb connector? Aren't they vastly different beasts?

Odd that the MicrUSB thing let data go through. If that's the case you've got a defective product there...

What gave you the idea that the Lightning connector would work with a micro-usb connector? Aren't they vastly different beasts?

Odd that the MicrUSB thing let data go through. If that's the case you've got a defective product there...

First, the micro-usb dongle is working, because when I try it with a micro-usb device (my nexus 7), it does the contraceptive job.

On the other hand, what gave me the idea of putting a micro usb cable into my lightning dongle is the shape of the lightning dongle.

I think you're supposed to use the micro usb adapter with the lightning to micro usb adapter.

Not in this case. The lightning adapter is just for passing power to the iPhone, and that's it.

Edited by barry99705

I think you're supposed to use the micro usb adapter with the lightning to micro usb adapter.

That's exactly what I did, I just said it :P

Therefore, I tried to connect the lightning contraceptive dongle to the micro-usb contraceptive dongle to the micro usb cable to my mac, but then nothing happened, nor charging or data transferring... Any ideas?

Any ideas?:p

I just got 10 of these bundles and ran in to simular issue.

Tested the Standard A and Micro B with an adroid phone and they allowed power to the phone while blocking data. (S4 in test)

Repeated the process with a iPhone 4 (the intended use for all of these) and the Standard A dongle, but now the iPhone will not charge from it.

So, little surprized by this and not owning an iPhone personally little puzzled. Maybe this is an ios7 "feature" or issue with power negotation?

I went on to test this with the lighting adpater after getting iphone 5 to test this with. The lighting adapter clearly has a micro B female on the other end. So connected it and it charges which seems great till momment later the computer offers to open up a folder on the phone...

So the lighting is just an adapter and not data blocker by itself. So I try the lighting adapter with both the micro B and then the standard A dongles and have the original results where the phone refuses to charge.

Not owning an iPhone personally I feel bit like a noob in a blender here and could use some help. Is there an iPhone setting that could be changed to tell it to allow the charging? [Kinda like an android phone has setting to allow 3rd party apps to be used and tested on it]