Infusions? How do I get them install them? Yes I looked, Yes I am frustrated.

twenty

Hi there

I am trying to find and understand infusions. I google wifipineapple.com infusions.

Oh happiness, I see this page: https://wifipineapple.com/?infusions

Awesome a list of infusions.

No, wait. Unhappiness. There is just a list of infusions. Where is the actual code?

Maybe if I go look at the forum there will be a list of infusions?

Oh happiness, I see this page: https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/forum/79-mark-v-infusions/

No, wait. Unhappiness. No infusion code here.

***WHERE ARE THE ACTUAL INFUSIONS???***

Seriously, Hak5 - Google can't find the wifipineapple infusions. Where can I find the infusions?

Thanks for replying. I very much appreciate it.

Great, happiness! A tab for available infusions!

Argh. Unhappiness

"Error connecting. Please check your internet connection!"

[my frustration: This combined with another earlier problem has meant that I have been at this for 2+ hours without being able to actually use the pineapple successfully]

How to fix this?

Lets try the Network link. I click on client. Scan for networks..... looking good.

Argh.... Unhappiness. This network is one of those networks which requires the user:

1. enter a username/password
  2. click a "I agree to the TOS" to complete the connection.

The wifipineapple connects but doesn't let me complete the connection sign on.

1. How to get the pineapple to show the login completion / or save the configuration to do so automatically? (preferred)
  2. How to get the pineapple to borrow the attached computer's connection?

I feel like:

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/mistakesdemotivator.jpg

Thanks for your help... Hopefully this will also help others as well.

P.S. I feel like this should be part of the basic getting started guide which I am sure is around here ... some where?

Might wanna check these

https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/32862-wifi-pineapple-mark-v-client-mode/ for getting internet on your pineapple before downloading infusions and the https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/32863-wifi-pineapple-mark-v-pineapple-bar/ on how to get Infusions for your pineapple.

Hi Zarabyte --

The video covers the simple case when all that is needed is a password for the wifi.

In my case, and in many hotel setups, there is a secondary web page that is displayed. This secondary web page asks for a username/password, a ToS box to be checked, the webform submitted before the user is allowed on to the network.

So that video sadly did not help.

Hi Zarabyte --

The video covers the simple case when all that is needed is a password for the wifi.

In my case, and in many hotel setups, there is a secondary web page that is displayed. This secondary web page asks for a username/password, a ToS box to be checked, the webform submitted before the user is allowed on to the network.

You install the infusions from your wifi, they will still be there later. Or you tether the pineapple to your laptop and install them that way.

Hi Zarabyte --

What you are talking about is the splash page or Captive Portal from the hotel wifi. Connect your pineapple via Client mode to the hotel wifi, then connect your laptop to the Pineapples broadcasted Access point and use your browser to try to navigate to a webpage the captive portal should show up and you might be able to complete the process. Some captive portals I've run into won't allow you to authenticate through. So wait until you get home and connect to wifi then install your infusions. The folks here can only help so much...

What you are talking about is the splash page or Captive Portal from the hotel wifi. Connect your pineapple via Client mode to the hotel wifi, then connect your laptop to the Pineapples broadcasted Access point and use your browser to try to navigate to a webpage the captive portal should show up and you might be able to complete the process. Some captive portals I've run into won't allow you to authenticate through. So wait until you get home and connect to wifi then install your infusions. The folks here can only help so much...

True .... it will be better ...

O.k. I figured that captive portals were so common that there must be an existing solution to this issue.

Uhhh! If im reading it correctly you say you can connect to the hotel Wireless but when you try to access the internet use are asked for a username and password? You might try using mac address spoofing to spoof the pineapple's mac address with a client that is already connected.

I just verified this with a captive portal encumbered access point. Connected to the MK5 from my phone over wifi, set client mode on the MK5 via wlan2 to the AP and soon after connecting I has the opportunity to accept the EULA from my phone. Worked exactly as expected. Once accepting the license from my phone, all subsequent connections were authorized as they're all initiated from the MK5.

Yes it does still work but not with all. Several hotel and airports have not worked recently for me. I tried several different browsers and they all threw the same error. Next time I have the opportunity I'll take a screen shot.

There is a python based program to brute force bypass captive portals. I can't remember the name however. Perhaps someone here does. Would make for a handy infusion.

PortalSmash is the gem you're referring to. It would indeed make an awesome infusion, I definitely do not have the appropriate skills to do it though, gonna take a Whistlemaster level of awesome for that. :)

We have discussed this issue previously though, and a text based browser on the MKV is certainly a nice option. Seb recommended elinks, and it worked great!

Install it on the MKV via:

Opkg update && opkg install elinks

Edited by hfam