[Hint] How to clear all SSID's from PineAP SSID Management

norsec0de

Hey,

I ran the Auto Harvester for a few hours and collected hundreds of SSID's which were auto-added to PineAP SSID Management tab.

I started removing them one at a time and got frustrated, but then clicked the "Remove SSID" without typing in a SSID and it cleared the list...phew =)

Just a quick tip.

Cheers

@norsec0de

Hey,

I ran the Auto Harvester for a few hours and collected hundreds of SSID's which were auto-added to PineAP SSID Management tab.

I started removing them one at a time and got frustrated, but then clicked the "Remove SSID" without typing in a SSID and it cleared the list...phew =)

Just a quick tip.

Cheers

@norsec0de

Thanx...

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for tip.

I'm really confuse about how works PineAP, maybe someone can do a little tutorial or explanation while Darren uploads a videotutorial for this...

Have you seen this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Igim3upL0&list=UUTkpeicFNBuHJCvp4LZEuvw

Here's also a good thread

https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/33488-got-pineap-questions-let-me-answer-them/

• 3 months later...

Hey,

Just a quick tip.

Cheers

@norsec0de

This does not work for me. PineAP enabled, using Iceweasel. any suggestions?

You could do the following to add yourselves a "Clear ssid list" button... Use at your own risk! Darren and Seb probably wont want to support you if you modify the source code and break things! but nothing a restore can't fix...

1. SSH to your pineapple,
  2. Backup the following files in case you want to revert: /pineapple/components/system/pineap/functions.php and /pineapple/components/system/pineap/tabs/pineap.php
  3. Edit the /pineapple/components/system/pineap/functions.php file with your favorite text editor (ie. vi)
  4. Find the following if condition "if (isset($_GET['pineAP_SSID'])) {"...
  5. Replace this entire condition with this new If condition.

if (isset($_GET['pineAP_SSID'])) {

$ssid = $_POST['ssid'];

$pineAP = new PineAP();

if (isset($_POST['add_ssid'])) {
$pineAP->addSSID($ssid);
}

if (isset($_POST['del_ssid'])) {
$pineAP->delSSID($ssid);
}
if (isset($_POST['clear_ssid'])){
exec("rm /etc/pineapple/ssid_file");
touch("/etc/pineapple/ssid_file");
}
}else {
echo "<b></b>Unkown Command<br/>";

}

}

6. Save the file

7. Edit the /pineapple/components/system/pineap/tabs/pineap.php file with your favorite text editor

8. Add the following code at the bottom of this file just before the "</fieldset>" on the last line.

<form method="POST" action="/components/system/pineap/functions.php?pineAP_SSID" onsubmit="$(this).AJAXifyForm(save_pineap_settings); return false;">
<input type='submit' name='clear_ssid' value='Clear SSID List'>
</form>

9. Save the file and reload the PinAP page and you will have a functional " Clear list" button below the remove ssid button.

I modified the code just a bit since I posted this

I switched

exec("rm /etc/pineapple/ssid_file");

for

exec("echo ''> /etc/pineapple/ssid_file");

those are two single quotes after the echo command.

This seems to work a bit better and the interface auto refreshes with the empty list.