Cannot install any infusions to SD card after upgrade to 2.0.2

hokeyplayer

Different power supplies having no bearing on SD flakiness condition. I'm now leaning towards bad SD slot. It basically reads sometimes, other times does not. Removing/re-installing SD card may or may not help. When card doesn't read, any infusions on it are listed as installed, with no size. If you physically manipulate the card repeatedly, it eventually reads for a while then falls off.Again, happening with two cards, both decent Class 10s. I think the upgrade to 2.0.3 was just coincidental to discovering SD slot problem.

I could downgrade as one last "to try", but it's feeling really like a hardware problem after the last testing.

You should update to 2.0.3 if you haven't already. Also check to make sure its not a problem with the SD card itself... they do go bad especially the ones that come with the pineapple

Here's the "SD good" picture, using Randomroll as example of infusion on card. Good, for a bit. Then reboot, chances are good SD not seen anymore (second picture), but sometimes it is. If not, lots of remove/install card brings it back. Condition quite repeatable. Formatting card or flashing Pineapple no difference.

post-44296-0-87498600-1408465024_thumb.p

post-44296-0-27316600-1408465047_thumb.p

Pirate- not being snarky, but I'm trying to be detailed if you read the thread. NEW CARD exhibiting same behavior as original good card. Went to 2.0.3... formatting on device or in Linux first no difference. SD card reads sometimes, mostly not. When it does, it's fine for a while.

Edited by ki2k

Wanted to mention im having a similar problem with my SD card as well i was running 1.2.0 and formatted my SD card upgrade to 2.0.2 tried to install infusions installed them fine after done using the pineapple turned it off next time i went to use it the SD was not able to install infusions.

I'm using a Class 4 SD card that works just fine on my mobile phone.

Different power supplies having no bearing on SD flakiness condition. I'm now leaning towards bad SD slot. It basically reads sometimes, other times does not. Removing/re-installing SD card may or may not help. When card doesn't read, any infusions on it are listed as installed, with no size. If you physically manipulate the card repeatedly, it eventually reads for a while then falls off.Again, happening with two cards, both decent Class 10s. I think the upgrade to 2.0.3 was just coincidental to discovering SD slot problem.

I could downgrade as one last "to try", but it's feeling really like a hardware problem after the last testing.

If you have the time/patience, I think Darren is correct that a downgrade to 1.4 might be a last option. If it goes back to being stable that may help them track down a hardware/software change that is causing the instability.

if the issue persists i would say the card is going bad thats what mine did as well replaced it and it works beautifully now

He's done that... as he stated above he's tried other cards with the same results. LOL he called you pirate above... because your status is Hak5 Pirate.

As I mentioned- this is a brands new SanDisk card, and the previous card with like behavior is also not very old, also SanDisk. I'm not saying new cards don't go bad, but statistically it's pretty unlikely that two new (or newish) in a row would fail the exact same way with exact same symptoms. Cards last forever in DSLRs, smartphones, tablets etc and just don't fail nearly as much as the Pineapple forums would have you believing they do:)

Apologies for calling you Pirate- doing too much at the same time!!

Edited by ki2k

So I don't leave this hanging...

As technically silly as it sounds, my problem simply "went away", on both cards that were problematic. I changed nothing* (was getting ready to drop to 1.4.1) but saw that magically the card is staying put now, through several reboots, using infusions from the card, etc. Same for original card that flagged problem originally.

*- the ONLY, only, only thing that I varied was the Ethernet cable between laptop and Pineapple. Both were factory-made 3' cables, the original was in a color I needed for a specific use elsewhere. Both cable-test fine, and I can't imagine that this could make any difference whatsoever (I've installed literally thousands of network ports over the years, patch cables are either bad or they are not when put against a tester and is easy to find even intermittent wiring faults), but can't get the original one back to test with for a couple of weeks.

Go figure.